1. It’s illegal for mustached men to kiss women in public. Sorry fellas, rules are rules. If you want to give your lady PDA you have to shave the face.
2. It’s illegal for a kiss to last longer than five minutes. Hey — if you finally shave your ‘stache and get the chance to kiss your girl, make sure the kiss lasts under five minutes – or else!
3. It’s illegal to sell drugs without a drug tax stamp. It is a violation of the law to sell or distribute drugs or narcotics without having first obtained the appropriate Iowa drug tax stamp.
4. According to Iowa law, one-armed piano players must perform for free.
5. It’s a crime in Iowa to use a dead person’s handicapped parking sign or license plate.
6. Ministers must obtain a permit to carry their liquor across state lines.
7. In Cedar Rapids, Iowa, it is illegal to read a person’s palms in the city limits. Fortune telling just isn’t tolerated in Cedar Rapids!
8. In Ottumwa, a man may not wink at any woman he does not know. Listen, guys: winking is kind of creepy regardless of whether or not you know the girl.
9. In Marshalltown, horses are forbidden to eat fire hydrants.
10. In Mount Vernon, one must obtain written permission from the City Council before throwing bricks or stones into a highway.