- The Philadelphis Flyers trades Peter Forsberg to The Nashville Predators in exchange for Scottie Upshall, Ryan Parent, a 1st & a 3rd round pick in the 2007 Draft
- Shane Doan re-signs with his current team, the Phoenix Coyotes for a 5 year deal
- Bayer Leverkusen earned a thrilling 3-2 victory over English Premiership outfit Blackburn Rovers in the UEFA CUP round of 32
- Werder Bremen also did well by thrashing Dutch giants Ajax 3-0 in Bremen
- Rush is to release a new album in May
- To my shock, Hollywood is going to make a movie on fraud music duo of the 80s – Milli Vanilli
- Joe Edwards, the guy who was the artist on the first Archie’s comics, dies at the age of 85 due to heart problems
- And sadly for personal reasons a guy I worked with earlier, and who everyone knows as a truly nice & quite guy, has committed suicide by purposefully crashing his bike against a running train. The reason for his suicide is not known but suspected to be a failed love affair. My heart goes out to his family in their time of suffering.
Song for the day – “Deny” –
The Ottawa Senators beat the Florida Panthers 4-0, with Swiss goalie Martin Gerber making a rare appearance as the starting goalie in place of the suspended Ray Emery. With the help of his teammates, Gerber posted his first shutout of the season, as Mike Comrie, Chris Phillips, Mike Fisher & Dean McAmmond scored the goals. Comrie scored his 14th goal of the season and 7th for Ottawa, being setup by both Dany Heatley & Jason Spezza, while Phillips was assisted in his 9th goal of the season by Antoine Vermette and Chris Kelly. Gerber, who moved from Stanley Cup champions Caroline, had a bad start to the season and was kept as the backing goalie to Emery.
Arsenal beat Bolton Wanderers 3-1 and moved into the 5th round of the FA Cup, thanks to a brace by Emmanuel Adebayor and the deciding goal by Frederik Ljungberg. With Thierry Henry rested and Robin van Persie absent through injury, the goals had to come from elsewhere and come it did. Adebayor opened the scoring and it looked to be enough for the win, until Bolton’s Abdoulaye Meite equalized in the very last minute of normal time. In extra-time Swedish midfielder Ljungberg scored a superbly-taken strike at the start of the second period of extra-time, finally taking Arsenal through to the last 16 and a match against Blackburn Rovers. Adebayor made it 3-1 in the dying seconds of the match – Julio Baptista had missed a 118th-minute penalty. Arsenal’s coach & manager, Arsene Wenger is chasing his fifth FA Cup triumph since taking over the London club 11 years ago. In addition, they are also in the League Cup final and are in the last 16 of the Champions League.