Now that we are on the cusp of the new year, it’s time for me to review my wishlist for 2007 that I typed on the 3rd of January this year. You can see the original post here.
- Get my own website started with my own domain account – Check :)
- Get a new job or get changes implemented for in my current one – Check
- Get a raise – itâ€™s been 3 frickinâ€™ years – Check
- Lose weight â€¦.. ahem! No comment
- Move away from family I wish, oh I wish
- Find soulmate I wonder if I will ever find her
- Get marriedâ€¦..preferably to soulmate The bachelorhood persists
- Get a Blackberry – my current company does not offer them but the one I just interviewed with, does! It costs a lot hence I nixed the idea for the time being
- Learn to cook something other than eggs & instant noodles I lol at that
- Organize my stuff much better :P
- Save a lot more money than I am doing now Yeah, about 10 bucks more!!
So there you have it. The first three things got done so quickly, that I got real optimistic. But with the following months there came a downward trend and hit an all time low in April. April 2007 was one of worst months of my life, even though I laugh at it now. I don’t ever want to be there again.
And it’s now time for a new list!
I was thinking of what to do this new year and this episode of Mr.Bean came to my mind. So I thought everyone who visits me and has never seen this before should enjoy this.
So I wanted to enjoy this day, the last Sunday of 2007, by myself. I woke up at 10 am, having slept quite late. A couple of my cousins and an aunt were at my place for a visit. I sat with them and enjoyed a nice long chat. Later my mom & dad went with them to my sister’s place so I had the place to myself. It was 12 pm and I hadn’t even had breakfast yet.
I read a bit and then went out to grab stuff for my lunch – instant noodles, chips & a large sprite. The sprite in particular felt so good as I put it in the freezer and it was like slushy sprite as I drank it. Not that it was a hot day; au contraire, it was actually a quite pleasant day and perfect to stay at home. The wind was glorious and blowing in through the open windows & balcony door for full effect. I watched some CSI : Miami, CSI : NY and bits of football matches. After lunch I even watched the last double episode of Friends to put me in the mood.
Now its time to reflect back on the year that was 2007.
Last night I got to watch Arsenal went all stylistic & ballistic &Â go 2 points clear of Manchester United at the top of the league. Arsenal went to the half time break a goal down to Tim Cahill’s 19 minute effort but retaliated with 4 second half goals, thanks to Eduardo’s double strike and late goals from Emmanuel Adebayor and Tomas Rosicky in a fiesty clash that saw both sides finish with 10 men at Goodison Park. Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner was sent off for a second booking after a nasty two-footed lunge on Andrew Johnson. Everton’s Mikel Arteta saw red for an elbow on Cesc Fabregas with six minutes to go before Rosicky struck with a low drive in stoppage time.
Best part is that Manchester United lost 1-2 in an away match @ West Ham United. Dimitar Berbatov scored four goals, including his first hat-trick for Tottenham, as they beat Reading 6-4 in an extraordinary match at White Hart Lane. Chelsea heaped more pressure on Newcastle manager Sam Allardyce with a 2-1 win at Stamford Bridge that meant the visitors had taken just one point from a possible nine.