I didn’t know that they were continuing the Terminatorseries. This will come as a shock to most – there’s no Arnie in it!! It seems that he could not commit to the movie due to his duties as governor of California. It just ain’t the same. But there’s Christian Bale being chased by some awesome looking futuristic bikes. Check out the trailer.
So I finally got round to watching The Dark Knight download cocaine cowboys ii hustlin with the godmother , months after most of you have already seen it. Some, like my cousin Sujith, have watched it over 10-20 times. And they rave about it a whole lot.
Well, there’s good reason to – it’s a very good film with some excellent performances from some very good actors. The special effects are to die for!
Before I offer you my opinions of the movie, let me tell you that I usually don’t like rebooting of a tried & true series / franchise of movies / tv series. We’ve had lots of it lately and I think there’s a big difference in rebooting and making it too different from the original concept (that’s you – makers of the new Battlestar Galactica). But I think with the new approach to Batman in the latest two movies, Chrisopher Nolan has shown Batman closer to the actual concept and the graphic novels.
Ok, here are my observation, opinions & comments:
- miss conception dvd
- The movie rocks, all the actors do wonderfully well but the whole movie is all about The Joker & the late Heath Ledger. The scene as a nurse, when he “corrupts” Harvey Dent, is fantastic.
- Ledger’s “Why So Serious?” line will be remembered as one of the top 10 movie dialogues of all time.
- Gary Oldman can play good guys too! :)
- Is there any big movie without Morgan Freeman? And is there anyone more cooler at his age?
- Eric Roberts does a fine job in his small role as does Michael Caine (the perfect “Alfred”) in his not so small role
- Is that Michael Jai White in a tiny role? He was SPAWN! C’mon man! What the hell happened to his career?
- I was surprised to see Keith Szarabajka in a tiny role in the film. Angel fans will remember him as Angel’s arch-nemesis “Holtz”.
- The Batpod rocks dude!
- Batman speaks in a rougher voice than Bruce Wayne – maybe the suit is too tight around the neck!!
- Aaron Eckhart is awesome as Harvey “Two Face” Dent. He’s better than (gulp) Tommy Lee Jones! But did they have to kill him in the movie?
- How are they ever going to top this?
I wonder how Mathieu Garon must feel right about the time when he heard the news. And how would you feel yourself? Goalie Garon had just been part of an Edmonton Oilers win against the Colorado Avalanche. He had a very strong period & a half about mid-way from the second and been chosen the second star of the game. Next thing he knows he has been traded to the Pittsburgh Penguins. The Penguins acquired the Chandler (Quebec) native goaltender in exchange for goaltender Dany Sabourin, forward Ryan Stone and a fourth round draft pick in the 2011 Entry Draft.
Garon, 31, has appeared in 15 contests for Edmonton this season posting a 6-8-0 record, along with a 3.17 goals-against average and .895 save percentage. The 6-2, 192-pound goaltender posted a 26-18-1 mark in 47 games with Edmonton last season. He finished the 2007-08 season with a .913 save percentage and a 2.66 goals-against average winning the Oilers’ Molson Cup Award (most three star selections).
Arsenal gained revenge along with a better showing since recent weeks to beat Hull City 3-1. It also extended their unbeaten run to eight games and avenged their shock loss to Hull at the Emirates Stadium in September. Hull had looked set to frustrate the Gunners for the second time this season when Daniel Cousin cancelled out Emmanuel Adebayor’s first-half opener after 65 minutes.
But the KC Stadium visitors produced a strong finish and snatched victory with goals in the final nine minutes from Samir Nasri and substitute Nicklas Bendtner. It was the perfect response from the Gunners after wins earlier in the day from Manchester United, Chelsea and Aston Villa. Arsenal stay in the 5th position.