Today was a typical sick day away from the office for me. Here’s how these days normally go.
- I keep the client SPOC, my immediate boss, his boss, my team and the local DGM informed that I would require a leave as I am unwell.
- Open, read and delete the few ‘Get well soon’ text messages.
- Field around 20 calls before lunch.
- Read & reply to about 10 emails also before lunch.
- Try to get some sleep or relax by watching something on my computer while lying under the covers on my bed.
- Get interrupted atleast 5 times before 5 pm by more calls, SMSes and emails.
- Get coffee and read more emails
- Get informed about something urgent that normally pops up on days that I take leave.
- By late evening and on 5th or 6th cup of coffee, wonder what happened to the rest and relaxation on my sick leave.