Is there a word or a phrase you use (or overuse) all the time, and are seemingly unable to get rid of? If not, what’s the one that drives you crazy when others use it?
There are words and phrases that people use (mostly local) that I can’t stand. I can’t fucking them at all. I get so annoyed when I see someone say or write this on say Facebook & Twitter but mainly Facebook.
- Basically – Indians use this word a lot and I can’t stand it. I stopped using it when I noticed that Indians use this word way too much almost as much as…
- You know – Fuck! I can understand sports athletes who are asked this post or pre match – they have better things to think about at the time so they should be forgiven – but c’mon. How many things can you say this in 5 minutes? I once counted that a colleague who said “You know” 52 times in a small presentation that probably lasted less than 10 minutes!
- Reason being – what is that?
- Y’all – what is that supposed to be? Is spelling out “YOU ALL” that hard to do?
- Believe you me – is that Yoda talking?
- Made for each other – people here use this phrase to comment on engagement / wedding photos or just photos of married people. What the heck is that supposed to mean? So stupid! And that brings me to my personal favourite stupid, idiotic, moronic phrases of all time…
- God blessed us with a baby boy/girl – you’ve got to be kidding me! I hate that phrase and refused to acknowledge people who share this news.
Prompt from the Daily Post at WordPress.com.