Last month I posted an article about Top Load Washers. Now today, it’s all about the front-load washing machines. You may recall that top-load machines ruled the roost while you were growing up, but by the turn of the century, front-loading washing machines took center stage. Then, by the late 2000s, sales of front-load and top-load washing machines were split down the middle. I kinda prefer the front-load washers, in terms of looks. Make sure which ever style of washing machine you get you also find a good appliance repair service. Appliance repair services in your area are handy to have contact with.
Here are some Pros about Front-load washers:
- The lack of an agitator makes front-load washers gentle on clothes.
- Front-loaders consistently out-perform top-loaders in cleaning tests.
- Faster spin cycles get clothing an average of 10 percent drier, giving your clothes dryer an efficiency boost.
- Many brands are stackable, making them apartment-friendly.
- With no top-loading lid to get in your way, you can install laundry appliances under a countertop or low shelf.
- You have to bend down to unload the machine.
- The air-tight door invites mold growth. Keeping the door ajar between loads helps to prevent this problem.
- The control panel on the front invites kids to press buttons and change settings. Control lock-outs on some models counteract this drawback.
The Verdict. Front-load washers are generally considered to be better at cleaning clothing than top-load washers, and with less wear and tear. Front-load washers also use less water than standard top-load washers.
When you make good use of your stove top like we do, maintaining it is always a chore. But it has got to be done. If there are problems with your stove top that you need a specialist to take care of try services like Capital Appliance Repair Vancouver who can get things done for you.
However just for regular maintenance that we all can do – I know, I know, if you are like me you are lazy -and should do, here are some tips:
6 Tips for Caring for the Kitchen Stove
1. Prevent Boil-overs. When cooking, use pots and pans that are deep enough to prevent boil-overs and splattering. …
2. Clean Spills Quickly. Cooking spills are inevitable. …
3. Use Elbow Grease, Not Abrasives. …
4. Clean the Stove Parts Regularly. …
5. Clean Under the Hood. …
6. Clean that Grimy Oven Window.
I spoke to my mom this weekend while we were having coffee and asked her if she remembered the time when I got locked in our apartment in Kuwait. After a little prompting she smiled and said yes she did remember the incident and that I got scared and even cried a little – no I did not – and wonders how we got the door open again. I was kid, maybe 7 or so I managed to get myself locked in when I accidentally jammed the lock on the door that separates the main bedroom, bathroom and kitchen of our flat in Kuwait City from the living room and the key broke in the lock. I was panicking and my mother was panicking but finally she managed to get hold of my dad who called in the locksmith that he knew and an 90 minutes later, I was free.
Services like Capital Locksmith are always a good option to have on your dial list for emergencies. One of my friends out in Glebe had such a problem when she came home late at night and had to stand outside in the cold as her key to the front door of her house broke in the lock. Her only option was to wait in the cold with a thermos of coffee while the guy drove up to her house and let her in and made a quick change of lock and gave her the new keys. This experience was unsettling for her considering that it was almost 11pm and it was a cold late November night.
Having a reliable service that operates all hours or the day is reassuring incase you do have that unfortunate situation happen to you and your family.