1. Any child born in Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales must be able to spell the town name by the age of six and pronounce it by the age of thirty-four.
2. In Turkey it is against the law to fall in love with a neighbor’s son, daughter, wife, servant, or animals.
3. During Sweden’s long hours of winter darkness, it is illegal to complain that you wish it were sunny.
4. Pinching a girl’s bottom is permitted by law in Italy.
5. Any Scotsman found to be wearing underwear beneath his kilt can be fined two cans of beer.
6. If someone knocks on your door in Scotland and requests the use of your toilet, you must allow them access.
7. It is illegal to ski down a mountain in Switzerland while reciting poetry.
8. Divorce is still illegal in the Vatican. In Malta it was legalized in 2011.
9. Noisy sandals are forbidden on the Isle of Capri, Italy.
10. In Denmark it’s not against the law to escape from prison.