1. It’s illegal to lean a bike on a cemetery’s tree: Locality: Destin
2. It’s illegal to skateboard without a license: Locality: Florida State Laws
3. You can’t roll a barrel down the street. Depending on the barrel’s content, you can be fined: Locality: Pensacola
4. Women who fall asleep under a hairdryer can be fined: Locality: Florida State Laws
5. Men can’t publicly wear a strapless gown: Locality: Said to be in Miami (Source unknown)
6. Publicly singing a swimsuit is illegal: Locality: Sarasota
7. Unmarried women parachuting on Sundays could risk jail time: Locality: Florida State Laws
8. Being publicly clothed in liquid latex is illegal: Locality: Satellite Beach
9. Horse theft is punishable by hanging: Locality: Florida State Laws
10. A woman electrocuted in the bathtub using beauty tools can be fined after she’s dead: Good Lord, what were these people thinking?! Locality: Pensacola
11. In the state of Florida, the law states you must pay for the parking meter if you tie an elephant, goat, or alligator to it: Good Lord, what were these people thinking?!
What do you think it would be like to live in the past? What year would you choose?
While I do not want to go back to the past, there are some good things about living in the 80s & the 90s that I wish I could get back. Things were much simpler back then, ofcourse as anyone who has lived a few decades will tell you about the years gone by. My time spent as a child was pretty happy for the most part and I wish I could get back those years of enjoyment.
I read more back then, I watched a lot of cable yet I went out more and met my friends and spend a lot of time with my cousins. We hung out, we sung songs and we have a great time playing cricket or football. Despite the fact that I hate cricket! We also played board games in the evenings and played quiz games before we went to sleep. The guys slept in one big room, the gals slept in another. This was a wonderful time to grow up. Even later on in the later 90s I think I enjoyed my life a lot more.
Ofcourse technology wise we didn’t have it as advanced. No internet or wifi or laptop computers and no smartphones. Cable tv was better at that time though as we still had great shows that were on the air in reruns or in sync with the international releases. And we had great music playing all the time.
Prompt from Lalilo February ’22 Writing Prompt Calendar at Lalilo.com