Here Are My Top 5 movies based on books
1. The Godfather Trilogy : Needless to say that this one will be on almost everyone’s list if they have watched the films and read the book. I read the book way, way back for the first time at the age of 18 or 19. I used to read a lot and I wanted to get some Mario Puzo books for a while after I had heard about the Godfather films. It would take me another 26 years before I actually watched the films. I’d still say that the book is way better.
2. It Chapters 1 & 2 : Ok this is a given if you know me. It by Stephen King is my fav novel of all time. I live & die by that book. It’s the novel that I have read the most – atleast 20 times. I watched the 1990 miniseries at around the age of 14 or 15 (in 1991) and loved it. I hunted the book down in a local library and read the book over a weekend. Then processed to read it many times over, got my own copy (3 times). The new movies that came out recently are amazing, especially Chapter 1.
3. The Lord Of The Rings Trilogy : Oh this is a massive one. If you are movie fan, I don’t care if you do not normally watch fantasy films or period styled films – you just have to watch these films. And watch the extended editions. No way can you not marvel at these early 21st century classic. So much great stuff in these films and I honestly believe that you can rewatch them every year and not be bored.
4. Jurassic Park : To ignite the fertile imaginations of kids everywhere and to stun and make you gawk in awe whether you are a kid or adult – no one has done it as well as Stephen Spielberg. To see dinosaurs on the big screen looking like real animals – that was amazing. I honestly believe that this is the ultimate family film, if you kids are above the age of say 7 or 8. Perfect to show any generation.
5. Congo : This one may not be high on other people’s list but I love the movie and I love the book. There are some differences in the movie but not that much. I still can’t decide which one I love more but I don’t have a problem in watching the film any day of the week. It’s a fun thrilling ride and the book is a great read as well. I love some of Michael Chrichton novels and this one is a really good one.