1. Couple marries after dating for two years. Gets divorced in under 12 hours.
In a very weird twist of things, a couple hailing from UP’s Hamirpur district got married to each other after going through a lot of ups and downs. However, even though they had been together for the last two years, their ‘happily forever’ ended in under 12 hours and they filed for divorce.
2. Man gets challenged to eat 50 eggs for Rs 2,000. Dies after the 42nd egg.
This one is sad yet extremely bizarre! A man from UP’s Jaunpur district got involved in an argument with a friend over how many eggs he can eat and they settled the number at 50 eggs. They bet Rs 2,000 on the same, but the man collapsed after consuming the 42nd egg. The hospital stated ‘overeating’ as the cause of his death.
3. Man gets challaned for not wearing a helmet… INSIDE A CAR!
Nothing can be more bizarre than the UP police fining a man for driving a car without wearing a helmet. A CAR! Hailing from Hamirput district, the man received an e-challan on his mobile for the same. The e-challan said that he had been fined by the authorities for not wearing a helmet while driving his four-wheeler vehicle.
4. Villagers mistake a saffron-painted toilet for a temple. Start praying.
If it gets out of hand, religion can make people do extremely unusual things. Just like when the people of Maudaha in Hamirpur district started praying to a public toilet, just because it was painted saffron. Not just this, this misinformed act went on for a whole year.
5. Drunk groom does the naagin dance. Bride refuses to marry him.
Everyone wants to have a presentable life partner and this bride from Mailani area of Lakhimpur Kheri, Bairely, didn’t want to settle. After witnessing her groom doing the naagin dance in a completely inebriated state, she flat out refused to get married to him.
6. Grandfather teaches grandkids “A for alcohol, B for beedi.” Makes them drink and smoke.
Children learn what their elders teach them but this grandfather from UP’s Bahadarpur area is teaching his grandchildren all the wrong things – things kids are supposed to be kept away from. In a video that surfaced online last year, the old man was seen giving out beedis and alcohol to minors, and telling them it was “nothing but juice.”
7. Men break into a beer shop. Party first before running away with more bottles.
A bunch of men broke into a liquor store in Kotwali to steal, but ended up partying inside the shop by drinking from the bottles and cans for hours. They ended their party by stealing 26 crates of beer. Even then, they weren’t done with their shenanigans and went on to rob the chambers of five lawyers.
- Once again I have not gone out of the apartment the entire month. Aided in that was the fact that our building elevator had to get repaired and some parts needed to be replaced. This took 2 weeks and with my health issues, I did not want to walk up and down the 7 set of stairs. We were dependent on the young kids next door who offered to run up and down to get some supplies for us. We rewarded them with some sweets and chocolate.
- Work has been somewhat hectic and as soon as Monday ends, I am ready for the weekend. I am tired and fed up of these multiple back to back training batches mainly due to the MIS work that comes along with it, increased 10 fold this year.
- Having said that I did manage to get 2 days leave and then we immediately had, after a single day back at work, a 3 day weekend. Unfortunately I had plans on going out during that time but the elevator wasn’t fixed by then.
- Last month I had made plans to watch Automan, Miss Marvel & She-Hulk but I still haven’t gotten round to doing that yet. I am on season 14 of CSI and with Season 3 of Star Trek : Lower Decks having ended, Star Trek Prodigy has just returned with the second part of their debut season.
- It has now been 8 months since I had any alcohol and I miss it. I had a couple of beers in February but since then I haven’t been out and since I don’t have any stock at home nor can I order in, I have been dry as Gujarat!