Have you had a sense that you are not the only one living in your home? No, we’re not talking about ghosts or spirits! We are talking about a lodger of a different sense… a pest! From rats to wasps, there are many pests that want to stay the night but the trouble is they never want to leave, and they bring all of their friends and family too. Nightmare!
Do you fear that you could have rodents or termites living in your home? Instead of dismissing this as an overreaction, you should look out for some clear signs that you need pest control. After all, the last thing you want to do is allow the situation to get worse. So, with that being said, in this blog post, we are going to look at seven of the clear signs that you have some sort of pest problem in your property. If you have noticed any of this signals, don’t delay in getting it checked out further.
Here are seven indications that you have a pest problem in your property:
1. Creatures you’re not used to seeing indoors – This may sound obvious, but seeing creatures indoors that you’re only used to seeing outside is the biggest indication that you have a pest problem and that you require pest control. If you have noticed this, you are right to be concerned. Uninvited creatures that should raise the alarm include the likes of rodents, mosquitoes, cockroaches, termites, mice, flies, and fleas.
2. Strange sounds – If you think you could have a problem with rodents, listen carefully, as it is likely you will be able to hear their feet. Mice and rats often hide behind walls and under floorboards, and so it is likely that you will hear them scurrying, gnawing, or scratching on the walls. It can sometimes be possible to hear loud bugs too.
3. Gnawing – If you don’t have any pets, but you stumble across proof of gnawing, this is a clear sign that there could be pests living in your property. House mice and rats love to chew, and so if they have made your house their home you will undoubtedly come across gnawing tracks. Pay special attention to your furniture. If you can see evidence of this, it’s likely that pests are the evident issue. After all, who else is going to be eating away at the wood in your home?
4. Grease marks and tracks – This is another clear sign that you have a problem with either mice or rats, as they can leave tracks and evidence of their existence because they tend to travel using the same paths every day. Therefore, if you notice dark grease marks, you need quality pest control Petersfield.
5. Dead bugs indoors – You should check your basements and window ledges for dead bugs. If you notice that there are a considerable number of bugs of the same species, it is likely that they are living in your home. Just because these bugs are dead does not mean you don’t have a problem. It indicates that there are a lot of live bugs around as well.
6. Odd smells – Some pests give off a particular smell, which is instantly recognisable. For example, roaches have an oily odour, rats smell like ammonia, mice have a musty, urine smell, and bed bugs have a sweet, musty odour. Have you noticed that there is an odd smell in your home that you just cannot seem to get rid of?
7. Droppings – Last but not least, droppings are a clear sign that you have a pest problem. The appearance of the droppings can help you to determine what type of pest is living in your property; for instance, ‘poppy-seed’ pellets have most likely come from termites while black pellets will have come from roaches.
So there you have it: some of the clear indications that you are not the only person living in your home at the moment. If you have noticed any of the signs that have been mentioned above, it is important to call a pest control company sooner rather than later.