Feb 27 2011
I haven’t been a fan of the Oscars recently and I haven’t seen a award show for a long, long time – maybe 10 years (same as the Grammys, I find them to be a big snooze fest). I was extremely pissed off 2 years ago when Mickey Rourke was robbed of an Oscar for best actor. Well that’s my opinion but I stand by that very firmly. There were some other questionable or perhaps even ‘meh’ winners over the last few years but that one really hurt.
Anyways, the 83rd Academy awards is going to happen live a little later from Hollywood; morning in India while late evening in the US. Actors James Franco and Anne Hathaway will co-host the ceremony. I haven’t seen a single movie in the entire nominee list till date but as I have a DVD of Inception that will change in a few days. I have intentions of watching a few of the films in the list but not that many. I’m gonna go on a limb and give my predictions for the awards, not all the categories but just a few.
- Best Picture: 127 Hours
- Best Director: Christopher Nolan & Emma Thoma for Inception
- Best Actor: James Franco for 127 Hours
- Best Actress: Nicole Kidman for Rabbit Hole
- Best Supporting Actor: Christian Bale for The Fighter
- Best Supporting Actress: Helene Bonham Carter for The King’s Speech
- Best Original Screenplay: Inception: Christopher Nolan
- Best Animated Feature Film: Toy Story 3