Avengers: Endgame is a 2019 American superhero film based on the Marvel Comics superhero team the Avengers, produced by Marvel Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures. It is the sequel to 2012’s The Avengers, 2015’s Avengers: Age of Ultron and 2018’s Avengers: Infinity War, and the 22nd film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU). The film is directed by Anthony and Joe Russo, written by Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely and features an ensemble cast including Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, Don Cheadle, Paul Rudd, Brie Larson, Karen Gillan, Danai Gurira, Bradley Cooper, and Josh Brolin. In the film, the surviving members of the Avengers and their allies work to reverse the damage caused by Thanos in Infinity War.
- So a couple of weeks have gone by since the end of the Infinity War; the movie starts with Clint Barton, who was retired from the Avengers, losing his family after Thanos snaps his fingers and wipes out half the living creatures in the universe. His wife and two daughters turn to dust while they are having a picnic. Clint becomes a ruthless vigilante, until Natasha comes to recruit him back.
- Carol Danvers rescues Nebula and Tony Stark from deep space. They return to Earth and join the remaining Avengers—Natasha Romanoff, Bruce Banner, Steve Rogers, Rocket, Thor, and James Rhodes. They find an injured Thanos and intend to take the Stones to reverse his actions, but he already destroyed them to prevent further use. An enraged Thor kills Thanos.
- 5 years later and the word is still trying to recover from the devastating event. Scott Lang escapes the quantum realm and meets Romanoff and Rogers at the Avengers’ compound. Lang explains living through a duration of five hours instead of five years, theorizing that the quantum realm can allow time travel. The three ask Stark to help them retrieve the Stones from the past so they can revert Thanos’ actions in the present, but he rejects them out of fear of losing his daughter, Morgan. Stark relents after reflecting upon the disintegrated Peter Parker and works with Banner—who has merged his intelligence with the Hulk’s body—to stabilize travel in the quantum realm.
- Thor meanwhile is a drunken slob living in a small house in New Asgard (Norway) where Hulk & Rocket find him drinking beer and playing video games with Korg. He is finally convinced and goes to join the rest of the team in the Avengers compound.
- Banner, Rogers, Lang, and Stark travel to New York City in 2012. Banner visits the Sanctum Sanctorum and convinces the Ancient One to give him the Time Stone; Rogers overcomes undercover Hydra agents and his 2012 self to retrieve the Mind Stone, but Lang and Stark fail to retrieve the Space Stone when Loki escapes with it. Rogers and Stark use the last of their size-altering Pym Particles to travel to S.H.I.E.L.D. headquarters in 1970 and steal an earlier version of the Space Stone as well as vials of Pym Particles from Hank Pym so they can return to the present.
- Rocket and Thor travel to Asgard in 2013 to retrieve the Reality Stone from Jane Foster, and Thor obtains his former hammer, Mjolnir. Barton and Romanoff travel to Vormir in 2014 and learn from the Soul Stone’s keeper, the Red Skull, that it can only be acquired by sacrificing someone they love. They fight over which of them should die and Romanoff sacrifices herself. On Morag in the same year, Nebula and Rhodes steal the Power Stone before Peter Quill can. Rhodes returns to the present with the Power Stone without Nebula, due to the latter’s cybernetic implants interfacing with those of her 2014 self. Through this connection, the Thanos of that time captures present-day Nebula and sees her memories. He then secretly sends 2014 Nebula to the present.
- With all the Infinity Stones collected in the present, Banner uses them to restore those whom Thanos disintegrated. 2014 Nebula uses the time machine to transport Thanos and his ship to the present day, and he attacks the Avengers’ compound. Rogers, Thor, and Stark confront Thanos, and Rogers proves worthy to wield Mjolnir. However, Thanos overpowers them and summons his army to lay siege to Earth. Present-day Nebula convinces the 2014 version of her sister Gamora to turn on Thanos, later killing the 2014 version of herself. Now restored, Stephen Strange arrives with his fellow sorcerers, the other restored Avengers, the Guardians of the Galaxy, and the armies of Asgard, Wakanda, and the Ravagers. They fight Thanos’ army alongside Danvers and attempt to return the Infinity Stones to the past. Thanos seizes the Stones and plans to destroy and rebuild the universe. Stark steals the Stones back and disintegrates Thanos and his army, but dies from the energy the Stones release.
- As the movie draws to a close, most of the Avengers and superheroes attend the funeral for Tony Stark. Thor appoints Valkyrie as the king of New Asgard and joins the Guardians of the Galaxy. Rogers returns the Infinity Stones and Mjolnir to their original places in time. He remains in the past to marry Peggy Carter and live out the rest of his life. In the present, an elderly Rogers passes on his shield to Sam Wilson.
Stunning visually and the movie is amazing. Emotional and funny, exciting and thrilling. It’s an awesome film; if you consider Infinity War & Endgame as one whole film, I would say this one of the best movies that I have ever seen and probably in my top 5 of all time. 10/10! It’s that’s fucking good.