1. Oldest recorded brewery : Beer is the oldest recorded recipe in the world. The first known barley beer can be traced back to around 5,000 B.C.
2. World’s oldest operating brewery : Established in 1040, in Weihenstephan, Germany, Weihenstephan is the world’s oldest operating brewery.
3. World’s most consumed alcoholic drink : Beer is the most popular alcoholic beverage drink worldwide. In fact, after water and tea, beer is the most commonly consumed drink in the world.
4. Strongest Beer in the World : The strongest beer in the world has a strength of 67.5% alcohol by volume. This beer was created in 2017 by the Scottish brewery Brewmeister. The beer is called Snake Venom.
5. Top beer-producing countries : China, the US, Brazil, Mexico, and Germany are the top beer-producing countries in the world, even while global sales are down.
6. Leading beer brand worldwide : According to Brand Directory ranking, the leading beer brand worldwide is Corona. The value of this brand is more than $11.4 billion dollars. In second place is Heineken, in third place is Budweiser. The top five also include Victoria and Bud Light.
7. Most popular beer style : Lager is the most popular beer style in the world. Budweiser, Coors Light, Corona and Michelob Ultra are all lagers. These come from large beer producers, which accounts for roughly 87% of the beer marketplace in the U.S.
8. Beer health benefits : Beer is made from natural ingredients, including malted cereals (most often barley), hops, yeast and water. Thanks to these, beer contains minerals, vitamins, fibre and polyphenols that can positively contribute to a person’s diet.
9. Country with most expensive beer : Qatar has the most expensive beer in the world, with an average price of USD $11.26 (Rs. 830.76) per 330ml bottle.
10. Country with the cheapest beer : The cheapest beer is in South Africa, where the average price is $1.68 per bottle. The Czech Republic has the highest consumption rate, with 468 beers per person per year. The cheapest beer is in South Africa, where the average price is $1.68 per bottle.
11. Largest number of beers consumed in a single sitting : Andre the Giant holds the world record for the largest number of beers consumed in a single sitting. During a six-hour period, Andre drink 119, 12-ounce bottles of beer.