Here is my top 11 list of current tv shows that I watch. And I say “TV” so I do not count Netflix shows. This is my list and may differ from yours but this is what I like to watch. Ready? Here we go:
- The Walking Dead
- Game Of Thrones
- The Flash
- Legends Of Tomorrow
- Designated Survivor
- Agents Of SHIELD
- The Blacklist
Ok, I haven’t seen a few movies released in 2016 that I do wanna see but as we are in the last week of the year and I don’t see myself being able to go and watch a new one in the theatre before Jan 1st or get a copy of a film in the next 4 days, this list is probably safe. Let’s get cracking and in order my favourite films released in 2016 in order are :
- Captain America : Civil War
- Star Trek Beyond
- The Conjuring 2
- The Jungle Book
- Batman vs Superman : Dawn of Justice
- Doctor Strange
- Don’t Breathe
Well it’s time to rank all 13 Star Trek Movies. Yes I know I call it Roshan’s Eleven but since there are 13 films in total, I will be ranking them all. This list does change from time to time and I go back and forth. I will be watching all the films before the end of the year so it will be interesting to see if my list does have changes in positions.
Without further ado, here is my ranking:
- Star Trek : The Wrath Of Khan
- Star Trek : First Contact
- Star Trek : The Undiscovered Country
- Star Trek : The Voyage Home
- Star Trek : Generations
- Star Trek : Beyond
- Star Trek : The Motion Picture
- Star Trek : Nemesis
- Star Trek : The Final Frontier
- Star Trek : The Search For Spock
- Star Trek : Insurrection
- Star Trek (2009)
- Star Trek : Into Darkness
I have a humble Youtube channel with a handful of subscriber but these guys really rock their channels with good content. These are the individually (or in some cases a small group) done videos not backed by a big production (Like Fung Bros or Buzz Feed) and in some cases are very simple with little to no editing done but they have fun, entertaining and interesting content. Therefore I watch them. I just realized that 11 is not a big enough number for me when it comes to channels I watch but for now these are the top 11.
Here are my top 11 current tv series (that are airing right now and not as reruns). I watch a lot of shows but these are probably my favourites :
- The Walking Dead
- The Flash
- Game Of Thrones
- The Big Bang Theory
- Criminal Minds
- Lost Girl
Here is my criteria or just the top 11 for what I believe is needed to be a good friend.
- Do not preach or offer unwanted advice but be supportive and offer suggestions. And support them no matter what decision they take.
- When your friend is down & upset, be there in person with beer or in spirit with cheer
- Have their back
- Laugh at their jokes
- Tease them horribly
- Never let lent or borrowed money come in the way of your friendship
- Get to know their family
- Offer a ear that listens & a shoulder to cry on
- Once in a while join in one of their activities which you have no interest in but hey – he/she is your friend
That’s all I got so far!
If I had 15 minutes to evacuate my home before it was to be destroyed by a hurricane, what 10 things would I grab (not including people or pets)
- My laptop, speakers, modem & mouse (obviously)
- My external hard drives that have a bunch of my tv series, movies & mp3s
- My BlackBerry
- My clothes
- My inhaler
- A file with my documents
- A bag to keep stuff in
- A little box of emergency cash
- Box of medicines
- And…oh the dark chocolate flavoured coffee I got!
I know the prompt said 10 but I do things Roshan’s Eeven style.
Your blog is about to be recorded into an audiobook. If you could choose anyone — from your grandma to Samuel L. Jackson — to narrate your posts, who would it be?
- William Shatner
- Morgan Freeman
- Patrick Stewart
- Kate Mulgrew
- James Earl Jones
- The voice over guy from Honest Trailers
- Whoppi Goldberg
- Christopher Lee
- Jerry Seinfeld
- Christopher Plummer
- Bill Clinton
Prompt from the Daily Post at WordPress.com.
In honour of Robin Williams I am currently rewatching a bunch of his movies. It is highly unlikely that this list will change and so here is my list of fav 11 roles of the late Robin Williams.
- Mrs. Doubtfire
- Patch Adams
- Good Morning Vietnam
- Good Will Hunting
- Bicentennial Man
- Dead Poets Society
The list is in no particular order although Mrs. Doubtfire is my personal favourite.
Rolling Stone has a new article out in which they list the Best 10 albums by iconic prog rock band Rush, as voted by readers in a poll. As I normally put up a best of 11 list here is my top 11 albums of Rush from their 1974 debut through 2012’s Clockwork Angels:
- Roll The Bones
- Moving Pictures
- Clockwork Angels
- Vapour Trail
- Snakes & Arrows
- Permanent Waves
- Test For Echo
This is my list, you can have yours and disagree but this is what I love. Check out the Rolling Stone’s Reader’s Poll Best of 10 and compare them with my 11.
What do you think people in the future, to be safe and make it really distant let’s say people who live 5000 years from now, will look upon us and say about how we live now?
- “Oh man, they believed in the stories of mythology and worshiped imaginary gods?” or “Man did they have some hokey religions back then! I can’t believe they believed in those gods/religions!”
- “They used to kill living animals and cook their meat and eat them? How disgusting & primitive!” or “They used to eat vegetables? How disgusting & primitive!”
- “I can’t believe that all those humans lived just on the one planet!”
- “They used WHAT to power their vehicles? Eww”
- “Countries and borders? What are those?”
- “What’s money/currency? No shit, they had to “work” for that and people had to buy things with them?”
- “What’s rape/brutality/slavery/racism?”
- “You mean they say in front of a display device and sat for hours? And that was entertainment?”
- “What is this….politics that they had?”
- “Body hair????? Yuck, ugh, gross!”
- “They fought amongst each other and killed millions of themselves? They weren’t very evolved were they?”
Those are my top 11
I wish I could take you with me to my local grocery store – the grocery stores I go to here are small shops that you can’t enter into but stand in front of the counter and call out the items or hand over a list and the store keeper gets them for you from his tiny shop. Some items might be within your reach as they are on the counter or hanging from the bar above (like stuff you get in packets – chips or mixture or nuts) and some veggies which he places on racks in the front of the store. When I go to buy stuff from there for our home I usually buy these things every 2nd or 3rd visit:
- rusk – for dipping into coffee and eating
- pen torch or AA sized batteries
- shampoo (I usually only get small sachets of Head n Shoulder that is for one shower)
- dosa mavu (dosa spread)
- chappathis (ready made chappthis that a local company makes and sells in packets)
- Maggi instant noodles
- lemonade (freshly made)
There you have it, the 11 most purchased items from me at my corner grocery store!
You have won a contest, and the prize is a date with any famous person you choose! Who do you pick?
Here is my top 11 celebrity women that I’d pick. Some of the women are quite older than me, but still beautiful & sexy and I’d love to spend some time with them. So here goes:
- Isabelle Boulay
- Amanda Tapping
- Virginia Madsen
- Rhona Mitra
- Antonia Collette
- Bellamy Young
- Melissa Archer
- Sarah McLachlan
- Maxim Roy
- Sonya Walger
- Jeri Ryan
This is my current list, it can change from time to time but some of them will always remain and have been there for a while. Ta da, I love all these 11 women.
The bulk of my music collection is by male musicians, male singers, all-male band members, male musicians. While I love the female singers & musicians in my collection, they are a small minority. I used to have this theory that since I usually sing along with the songs that I play on my stereo system, cd player and now laptop in mp3 form, the lyrics are very important to me and I usually just connect better with the male point of view in the lyrics. I’m not so sure about that anymore but I still find a vastly male dominated collection of music. However here are my favourite women singers, my top 11 in no particular order;
- Sarah McLachlan
- Jann Arden
- Isabelle Boulay
- Tori Amos
- Chantal Kreviazuk
- Alison Krauss
- Sheila Carabine (Dala)
- Amanda Walther (Dala)
- Terri Clark
- Kathleen Edwards
- Jessie Farrell
Notable mentions would be Alanis Morissette, Sarah Harmer, Dido, Tegan & Sara, Jewel, Katie Melua, Lisa Brokop & Regina Specktor.