I have a humble Youtube channel with a handful of subscriber but these guys really rock their channels with good content. These are the individually (or in some cases a small group) done videos not backed by a big production (Like Fung Bros or Buzz Feed) and in some cases are very simple with little to no editing done but they have fun, entertaining and interesting content. Therefore I watch them. I just realized that 11 is not a big enough number for me when it comes to channels I watch but for now these are the top 11.
Here are my top 11 current tv series (that are airing right now and not as reruns). I watch a lot of shows but these are probably my favourites :
- The Walking Dead
- The Flash
- Game Of Thrones
- The Big Bang Theory
- Criminal Minds
- Lost Girl
Here is my criteria or just the top 11 for what I believe is needed to be a good friend.
- Do not preach or offer unwanted advice but be supportive and offer suggestions. And support them no matter what decision they take.
- When your friend is down & upset, be there in person with beer or in spirit with cheer
- Have their back
- Laugh at their jokes
- Tease them horribly
- Never let lent or borrowed money come in the way of your friendship
- Get to know their family
- Offer a ear that listens & a shoulder to cry on
- Once in a while join in one of their activities which you have no interest in but hey – he/she is your friend
That’s all I got so far!
- Pick Up Truck – Shane Yellowbird
- Sexy Little Thing – Chickenfoot
- A Game In Town Like This – Corb Lund
- Classico – Tenacious D
- Dandelions In Bullet Holes – Sarah Harmer
- Mary Pickford – Katie Melua
- Devil’s Slide – Joe Satriani
- Payin’ Dues – Richie Kotzen
- Georgia Rain – Trisha Yearwood
- If I Were A Carpenter – Robert Plant
- Never Want To Say It’s Love – Dido
If I had 15 minutes to evacuate my home before it was to be destroyed by a hurricane, what 10 things would I grab (not including people or pets)
- My laptop, speakers, modem & mouse (obviously)
- My external hard drives that have a bunch of my tv series, movies & mp3s
- My BlackBerry
- My clothes
- My inhaler
- A file with my documents
- A bag to keep stuff in
- A little box of emergency cash
- Box of medicines
- And…oh the dark chocolate flavoured coffee I got!
I know the prompt said 10 but I do things Roshan’s Eeven style.
Your blog is about to be recorded into an audiobook. If you could choose anyone — from your grandma to Samuel L. Jackson — to narrate your posts, who would it be?
- William Shatner
- Morgan Freeman
- Patrick Stewart
- Kate Mulgrew
- James Earl Jones
- The voice over guy from Honest Trailers
- Whoppi Goldberg
- Christopher Lee
- Jerry Seinfeld
- Christopher Plummer
- Bill Clinton
Prompt from the Daily Post at WordPress.com.
In honour of Robin Williams I am currently rewatching a bunch of his movies. It is highly unlikely that this list will change and so here is my list of fav 11 roles of the late Robin Williams.
- Mrs. Doubtfire
- Patch Adams
- Good Morning Vietnam
- Good Will Hunting
- Bicentennial Man
- Dead Poets Society
The list is in no particular order although Mrs. Doubtfire is my personal favourite.
Rolling Stone has a new article out in which they list the Best 10 albums by iconic prog rock band Rush, as voted by readers in a poll. As I normally put up a best of 11 list here is my top 11 albums of Rush from their 1974 debut through 2012’s Clockwork Angels:
- Roll The Bones
- Moving Pictures
- Clockwork Angels
- Vapour Trail
- Snakes & Arrows
- Permanent Waves
- Test For Echo
This is my list, you can have yours and disagree but this is what I love. Check out the Rolling Stone’s Reader’s Poll Best of 10 and compare them with my 11.
- Odds Are – Barenaked Ladies
- Have A Nice day – Bon Jovi
- Sleepy House – Blind Melon
- Who Do You Think You Are – Dala
- In The Days Of The Caveman – Crash Test Dummies
- See You When You’re 40 – Dido
- Gallows Pole – Led Zeppelin
- Nine Million Bicycles – Katie Melua
- Paradise – Tesla
- The Truck Got Stuck – Corb Lund
- Alone In The Universe – David Usher
What do you think people in the future, to be safe and make it really distant let’s say people who live 5000 years from now, will look upon us and say about how we live now?
- “Oh man, they believed in the stories of mythology and worshiped imaginary gods?” or “Man did they have some hokey religions back then! I can’t believe they believed in those gods/religions!”
- “They used to kill living animals and cook their meat and eat them? How disgusting & primitive!” or “They used to eat vegetables? How disgusting & primitive!”
- “I can’t believe that all those humans lived just on the one planet!”
- “They used WHAT to power their vehicles? Eww”
- “Countries and borders? What are those?”
- “What’s money/currency? No shit, they had to “work” for that and people had to buy things with them?”
- “What’s rape/brutality/slavery/racism?”
- “You mean they say in front of a display device and sat for hours? And that was entertainment?”
- “What is this….politics that they had?”
- “Body hair????? Yuck, ugh, gross!”
- “They fought amongst each other and killed millions of themselves? They weren’t very evolved were they?”
Those are my top 11
I wish I could take you with me to my local grocery store – the grocery stores I go to here are small shops that you can’t enter into but stand in front of the counter and call out the items or hand over a list and the store keeper gets them for you from his tiny shop. Some items might be within your reach as they are on the counter or hanging from the bar above (like stuff you get in packets – chips or mixture or nuts) and some veggies which he places on racks in the front of the store. When I go to buy stuff from there for our home I usually buy these things every 2nd or 3rd visit:
- rusk – for dipping into coffee and eating
- pen torch or AA sized batteries
- shampoo (I usually only get small sachets of Head n Shoulder that is for one shower)
- dosa mavu (dosa spread)
- chappathis (ready made chappthis that a local company makes and sells in packets)
- Maggi instant noodles
- lemonade (freshly made)
There you have it, the 11 most purchased items from me at my corner grocery store!
You have won a contest, and the prize is a date with any famous person you choose! Who do you pick?
Here is my top 11 celebrity women that I’d pick. Some of the women are quite older than me, but still beautiful & sexy and I’d love to spend some time with them. So here goes:
- Isabelle Boulay
- Amanda Tapping
- Virginia Madsen
- Rhona Mitra
- Antonia Collette
- Bellamy Young
- Melissa Archer
- Sarah McLachlan
- Maxim Roy
- Sonya Walger
- Jeri Ryan
This is my current list, it can change from time to time but some of them will always remain and have been there for a while. Ta da, I love all these 11 women.
The bulk of my music collection is by male musicians, male singers, all-male band members, male musicians. While I love the female singers & musicians in my collection, they are a small minority. I used to have this theory that since I usually sing along with the songs that I play on my stereo system, cd player and now laptop in mp3 form, the lyrics are very important to me and I usually just connect better with the male point of view in the lyrics. I’m not so sure about that anymore but I still find a vastly male dominated collection of music. However here are my favourite women singers, my top 11 in no particular order;
- Sarah McLachlan
- Jann Arden
- Isabelle Boulay
- Tori Amos
- Chantal Kreviazuk
- Alison Krauss
- Sheila Carabine (Dala)
- Amanda Walther (Dala)
- Terri Clark
- Kathleen Edwards
- Jessie Farrell
Notable mentions would be Alanis Morissette, Sarah Harmer, Dido, Tegan & Sara, Jewel, Katie Melua, Lisa Brokop & Regina Specktor.
- Corner Gas
- The Big Bang Theory
- Will & Grace
- Everybody Loved Raymond
- Mind Your Language
- Full House
- Gimme A Break
This is my top11 list of favourite sitcoms of all time. I almost put Little Mosque On The Prairie in there and I guess King Of Queens has fallen out of the top 10 when I remembered Full House & Gimme A Break. Also nostalgia favourites like The Jeffersons & The Bill Cosby Show is not in this list because I haven’t seen any episodes in ages and I can’t remember much. I’m hoping to get a few more shows in the near future.
This is my top 11 James Bond movies out of the 23 that have been released so far. Since I just watched Skyfall, the latest movie in the franchise, this seems like the perfect time for it. While these are the top 11 for me, it’s not in an particular order.
- Casino Royale
- Tomorrow Never Dies
- The Spy Who Loved Me
- The World Is Not Enough
- The Living Daylights
- Quantum Of Solace
This is my list, what’s yours?
Here are my top 11 movies starring Nicolas Cage.
- Raising Arizona
- Con Air
- Leaving Las Vegas
- The Rock
- National Treasure
- National Treasure 2 : Book Of Secrets
- The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
- Season Of The Witch
There’s a bunch of his movies that I want to see and haven’t yet, so this list might change in a couple of months or so.
Q. Which food, when you eat it, instantly transports you to childhood?
A. Shawarma sandwiches and khuboos & hummus
Q. If you could become any type of animal, what type of animal would you choose to become? Why?
A. Hmmm, maybe a wolf cause they look so cool. Or a hawk so I could soar across the skies.
Q. If you could learn to play a musical instrument, which would you choose? Why?
A. First choice the guitar, second the drums.
Q. Describe your ideal job — where would you work? What would you do?
A. Provided money wasn’t the issue, I’d like to work in the music industry and work closely with musicians and bands.
Q. If you could have one superpower, what superpower would you choose? Why?
A. The power of invincibility
Q. If you could travel to any planet in our solar system, which planet would you choose and why?
A. Mars is where all the action is. But I also want to visit Pluto and console it for losing it’s planet classification.
Q. Would payment in the form of money sway you into doing something you wouldn’t normally do?
A. I must be honest and say absolutely!
Q . Sea or sky? Why?
A. I love the sea and would love to see the fish and animals that live under the waters but…the sky is my eternal love!
Q. Do you shower in the morning or at night before bed?
A. Usually in the morning. If I am not going out, I might only shower in the late afternoons, 5 or 5:30 pm. If it is a terribly hot day and I have traveled and am sweating like a pig, then I’d shower in the night as well.
Q. If you could travel through time, what period would you visit?
A. The time periods during which the great pyramids of Egypt were being built. 2560 BCE and before. I’m curious to see how the built them and if aliens were involved!
Q. What’s at the end of a rainbow?
A. One end of a rainbow. You travel to the other end you will find the other end of the same rainbow!
- Love Will Keep Us Alive – Scorpions
- Someone Else? – Queensryche
- Solitary Man – Johnny Cash
- Space Cowboy – William Shatner
- When We Stand Together – Nickelback
- Kathleen Edwards – Pink Champagne
- Anywhere Under The Moon – Dala
- Milkman’s Son – Ugly Kid Joe
- Ghost – Slash
- Soldier Of Fortune – Deep Purple
- Every Subway Car – Barenaked Ladies