This list can change from time to time but some of them remain always.
- Thief – Our Lady Peace
- Amongst The Waves – Pearl Jam
- Robert McKenzie – Paul Gross
- No Rain – Blind Melon
- What A Good Boy (live version) – Barenaked Ladies
- Limelight – Rush
- Wanted Dead Or Alive – Bon Jovi
- Here I Go Again – Whitesnake
- Nonstop To Nowhere – Faster Pussycat
- Winter – Tori Amos
- I Will Remember You – Sarah McLachlan
The things I least like about myself:
- I’m careless and lazy
- I’m fat and it’s too easy to gain weight rather than losing it
- I feel that I have wasted my life by making way too many wrongs choices in my youth
- I get depressed very easily
- I can get really fired up over something today and the next day it will be of little importance
- Bad luck seems to cling like a fierce lover to me while money is a fickle dame
- On top of my weight issues I am also not tall
- I don’t have a very serious sounding voice. A leader’s voice, a commanding voice. That matters as you go up the ladder.
- I give up on things way too easily
- I always fall for the wrong girl/woman. The unattainable ones. As a result I am sexually frustrated, single and lonely.
- I just think I was born wrong
This is a list of my favourite albums of artists that have released proper greatest hits of their songs. This list does not included unofficial greatest hits albums that tend to come out without the band or artist’s consent and tons of greatest hits albums that were released in Asia on 60 & 90 minute cassettes (although they were instrumental in introducing a lot of us to the bands)
- Bon Jovi : Greatest Hit (2010 release)
- Def Leppard : Rock Of Ages; The Definitive Collection (2008 release)
- Scorpions : Gold (2006)
- Pearl Jam : Rearviewmirror (2003)
- The Electric Joe Satriani: An Anthology
- The Essential Iron Maiden
- Deep Purple : The Platinum Collection
- Van Halen : The Best Of Both Worlds
- The Beatles : 1
- Europe : 1982-2000
- Dire Straits : Sultans Of Swing; The Very Best Of
I read somewhere or heard someone say that your musical senses & tastes are developed by the age of 13-14 and that the music, songs & bands that you listened to during those ages are the once you will most identify with throughout your life. I tend to disagree with it somewhat as a band that I first listened to at the age of 22 is now my favourite band – the Barenaked Ladies. And although there are some other bands that I love that I first listened to when in my 20s, I do get to what the person, a psychologist, said. It’s the bands that you first pumped your fists in the air too that you usually most identify with. Anyways, I’m gonna list my top 11 albums that I still love now and which I first heard before the age of 13. So here goes:
- Thriller – Michael Jackson
- Final Countdown – Europe
- Hysteria – Def Leppard
- Slippery When Wet – Bon Jovi
- DRFSR – Warrant
- Hotel California – The Eagles
- Best Of Rockers n’Ballads – Scorpions
- Out Of This World – Europe
- Hunting High & Low – a-ha
- Whitesnake – Whitensnake
- Brothers In Arms – Dire Straits
For any successful road trip you need:
1 ) a map
2 ) a place to go to
3 ) plenty of cash
4 ) fuel
5 ) food – snacks & cold drinks for while on the road
6 ) loud speakers in the car
7 ) mp3 player fitted to the speakers in the car
8 ) lots of rock n’roll
9 ) chicks if possible
10) alcohol – beer is essential during stop overs, if you are driving. If not, then drink all the time!!!
Canadian movies are harder to find. And I’m talking made & produced by Canadians & starring mainly Canadians. There’s a bunch of stuff that’s made in Canada for Hollywood or movies with a large Canadian cast including the leads but those don’t count. If you give them a chance these movies are great pleasant surprises. Anyway these are ones that I have seen and love.
- Bad Cop, Bon Cop
- Good Neighbours
- Cafe Ole
- Mambo Italiano
- One Week
- Men With Brooms
- Breakfast With Scott
- The Snow Walker
- The Rocket : The Maurice Richard Story
Honourable metions : Last Exit & The Baby Formula
- Ronnie James Dio (RIP) – former Rainbow, Black Sabbath & Dio singer
- Bruce Dickinson – solo & Iron Maiden
- Eddie Vedder – Pearl Jam
- Geoff Tate – Queensryche
- Klaus Meine – Scorpions
- Brad Roberts – Crash Test Dummies
- Robert Plant – Led Zepplin & his solo stuff
- Roy Orbison
- Rufus Wainwright
- Rob Halford – Judas Priest
- David Coverdale – Deep Purple, Whitesnake
These are my fav singers, in terms of their voice and what they do with it. I’d also like to call it the most powerful & emotion evocation voices that I like.
These are all genuine horror movies which have creeped me out. I consider them all classic.
- Evil Dead
- Drag Me To Hell
- Paranormal Activity
- The Blair Witch Project
- Dawn Of The Dead
- Night Of The Living Dead
- The Exorcist
- The Omen
- The Last Exorcism
Bet you won’t find these fortunes in the cookies that you eat!
1. You will be reading something stupid today
2. Confucius is now confused
3. Ok you have had enough; go to sleep
4. Really? A fortune in a cookie. Get a brain!
5. Bet you wish you had gone to that Italian place down the street now huh?
6. Don’t eat me, I’m stale!
7. Hey there good lookin, watchya got cookin!
8. Really, I’m gonna be eaten up by you of all people?
9. I see dead people
10. The Truth is out there!
11. Live Long & Prosper
These are the 11 tv series that remind me of when I was quite young, pre-teen and most of it was spent in Kuwait.
- Startsky & Hutch
- Remingston Steele
- Battlestar Galactica
- The A-Team
- Gimme A Break
- Knight Rider
- Silver Spoons
- Small Wonder
- The Cosby Show
This post should read as the top 11 people I would have loved to meet but who are no longer living
- Marilyn Monroe : anyone’s guess as to why I would have loved to have known her?
- Jimi Hendrix
- Roy Orbison
- Jeff Healey
- Princess Diana
- Leslie Neilsen
- Lou Costello
- Elizabeth Montgomery
- Ronnie James Dio
- Michael Crichton
- Gene Roddenberry
So if you ever want to write a book about me, here’s 11 possible titles
- His great loves & bitter hates
- The man, the legend, the ultimate
- King Of Dreams
- A Rosh by any other name…
- For what it’s worth
- Kuwaiti Born, Indian Reared, Universally Loved
- You Are Only As Old As The Girls You Feel!
- If You Smell What The Rosh Is Cooking
- Rosh & A Hard Place
- Weapon Of Mass Seduction
- Sex, Drug & Roshan n’Roll
- A new job with lots more salary and 2 days off every week
- A BlackBerry Torch
- HP DV 8t
- A new apartment
- a comfy recliner
- a 50+ inch plasma tv
- a whole new set of wardrobe
- unlimited supply of cold fruit juices
- Charisma Carpenter
- the winning lottery ticket for $100 million
- all my lost hair to grown back on my head
What’s your gift wish list?
This is my list of favourite tv series with the central theme being cops. This is my list, which may differ from yours. So if you don’t like it, bite me!
- Cold Squad
- Law & Order : SVU
- CSI : NY
- N.Y.P.D Blue
- DaVinci’s Inquest
- CSI : NY
- Hill Street Blues
- Blue Murder
I did not include shows which focussed on individuals who were cops (like Due South, or TJ Hooker or Kojak) or which focussed on just a couple of cops (Starsky & Hutch, Dempsey & Makepeace etc). I wanted it to be a group effort. Although Da Vinci’s Inquest is named after the Coroner Dominic Da Vinci, the show revolves around a group of Vancouver’s cops, patholigists etc.