I got an invite in my mail inbox to test out a web application called TSheets, who are sponsering FuelMyBlog. Tsheets is a web-based timesheet system that turns ANY PC or mobile device into a time clock, that is ideal for tracking hourly time for employees, salaried employees, contractors, or your own time. They are offering a contest, which I have no chance of winning but it sounded interesting, so I thought “why not?”.
They also want to know, what I do in the first 5 minutes of my working day so here goes:
- Once I reach the office, I have to sign the register located at the security desk and then use my access card to get in.
- I then walk over to my desk and place my bag next to my chair and switch my computer on and log in to the network.
- Checking & answering mail is a huge part of my work and so I do that.
- I also look into the corporate intraweb’s home page, which has a section on birthdays. If someone I know / like has a birthday that day, I make sure to send a greeting by email.
- I try to sort out the more important tasks, which usually comes to me in emails and set aside the ones that I need to check with my boss to reply / solve.
- By then I would be saying hi to many of my colleagues and my team decides what activities we need to do for the day and decide what time we want to meet up for lunch so we can chat.
- Ogle at a couple of girls I find to be so attractive.
And that’s about it for a typical work day for me!