This chicken salad is packed with sweet and crunchy apples, tart dried cranberries, and a light and creamy homemade dressing. You’ll need about 3 cups chopped cooked chicken for this recipe, so if you’re not using rotisserie chicken, you’ll want to cook some chicken first. I used two chicken breasts (about 1.3 lbs. total). Cook them in a skillet with a little oil over medium heat until they were golden brown on each side and cooked to an internal temperature of 165ºF. Let them cool and chop them into small pieces. Chop one apple into small pieces (about 1.5 cups) & inely dice about ¼ cup red onion. Add the chopped chicken, diced apple, diced red onion, and ¼ cup dried cranberries to a bowl.
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken ($7.97)
- 1 apple (1.5 cups chopped) ($0.76)
- 1/4 cup diced red onion ($0.20)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries ($0.22)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise ($0.53)
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt ($0.35)
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard ($0.18)
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar ($0.10)
- 1/4 tsp salt ($0.02)
- 1/4 tsp freshly cracked black pepper ($0.02)
Chop the cooked chicken and the apple into small pieces. Finely dice the red onion.
Place the chicken, apple, onion, and dried cranberries in a large bowl.
Combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, Dijon, red wine vinegar, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Stir until smooth.
Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients in the bowl and stir until everything is coated. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to eat.