A delicious, tangy Indo-Chinese fusion dish, Chilli Fish is everything an appetizer or a side dish should be. It is crunchy, tasty, filling and full of aromatic flavours to have your taste buds tantalizing. Serve as an appetizer or a side dish at your next dinner party and the guests will surely be impressed!
Ingredients in Chilli Fish Recipe: Boneless pieces of fish, batter fried and doused in a spicy-tangy sauce made with soy, tomato and chilli sauce along with chillies, ginger and garlic.
250 Gram Fish pieces (Boneless), 1/2 cup Maida, 1/2 cup Corn flour, 1 tsp Baking powder, 2 tsp Soy sauce, 2 tbsp Celery finely chopped, 1 tsp Pepper, Salt, Oil & to garnish Spring onions
For the sauce:
1 tbsp Ginger, chopped, 1 tbsp Garlic, chopped, 1 tbsp Green chilly, chopped, 4 tbsp Soy sauce, 5 tbsp Tomato sauce, 1 tbsp Chilli sauce, 1 tbsp Corn flour
- 1.Cut the fish into finger pieces.
- 2.Make a batter with corn flour, maida, baking powder, soy sauce, celery, pepper powder, water and salt.
- 3.Dip the fish pieces in the batter and fry in oil till golden brown. Transfer fish into a serving plate.
- Prepare the sauce:
- 1.Heat oil in a pan.
- 2.Saute garlic, ginger and green chilly. Add soy sauce, chilly and tomato sauce to it.
- 3.Finally add corn flour mixed with water to it and stir well. Once it starts to boil, remove form fire.
- 4.At the time of serving, pour the sauce on top of fried fish pieces and mix well.
- 5.Garnish with chopped spring onions.