The United States has more casinos than anywhere else in the world, with over 1000 casinos in the country. Las Vegas alone has almost as many casinos as the whole of the UK. With all this competition, it’s important to stand out. When setting up a casino, don’t miss this must have items to make your casino successful.
- Slot machines. The sounds and lights of the slot machines are an iconic and immediately recognizable part of any casino. Slot machines are an incredibly popular option, as they’re easy to play and give frequent rewards that encourage people to keep playing. Buy hard-wearing machines from reputable slot machine companies so they’ll stand up to a lot of heavy use. Choose a mix of machines that are cheap to play and some that require a higher spend to attract different kinds of players. Position these near the entrance, so people are drawn in by those classic lights the sounds of coins cascading out.
- Gaming tables. What’s a casino without gaming tables? Offer a wide variety of games, such as Poker, Black Jack and Roulette, and make sure you have several tables for each game so players don’t have to wait too long to join a game. Choose attractive tables that draw people in.
- Comfortable seating. The right seats for each game will encourage people to stay and play for longer. If the chairs are uncomfortable, you won’t keep gamers in their seats for long. Choose chairs that look inviting and comfortable, and in keeping with the aesthetic of the rest of the casino. Deep colors and fabrics in plush textures are ideal, as the color stands up to heavy use, and the soft fabrics are inviting to sit on and stay sitting. Make sure chairs are supportive, especially around games popular with older players. If the chairs are giving them a bad back, they’ll leave instead of staying and spending money.
- Game signage. Add attractive, clear signage to help gamers find the games they’re looking for. Choose bright, colorful signage that draws the eye and lures players inside to join in the fun. The classic neon signage of casinos is a popular style for a reason, so stick with it. Animated graphics can work well too to keep people moving deeper into the casino to try out different games.
- A well thought out layout. The right casino layout allows for different times of visitors to interact with the space. The best layout draws high rollers towards the more expensive game tables, like poker, while encouraging casual players into the casino and moving around more relaxed options like the slots. If your casino is based in a hotel, you need to allow for hotel guests moving through the casino as a route to hotel rooms and other facilities. Casinos now are opting for a layout style called the ‘playground’. Rather than confusing guests with a maze, there are wide aisles to encourage free movement around the casino. Cluster slot machines for sociability, and group rowdy games together for a party atmosphere that draws people in.