What was your favorite game when you were a kid? Do you still play it today?
1) Cricket was the sport we played the most as kids. I don’t like cricket anymore and I don’t think I played the sport since my late teens. I only followed, watched and played the sport since most of my cousins loved it and this is India after all. But in reality, I cannot stand the sport, I can’t stand most cricket players and I wish it got banned!
2) Football was the next big sport we played as kids. We didn’t have enough space to play it in my grandmother’s place which is where we cousins vacationed but I did play some at school and especially during my early years in Kuwait. In my later school years back here in India I played either defense or defensive midfield.
3) Badminton – we played it a lot. My mom played it a bit too. We usually played doubles with cousins and one year, age 12 in 7th grade my buddy Jimmy and I made it to the finals of the school badminton doubles tournament. We lost because we were not prepared for the finals.
4) Monopoly or Hind Trade which is the Indian version of Monopoly. I have blogged about this before. Loved the game and enjoyed the hours spent with my cousins playing the game.
5) Donkey (cards) which is a fun game to play with your cousins. Many, many evenings spent playing that game.