Happy New Year – Welcome 2010

I did not know what I was going to do for New Year’s eve until almost 4 pm. Plans kept getting canceled and remade and stuff, so much that I thought that I was going to spend it alone at home, probably with a pizza rather than spending the evening drinking with my best buds Anil & Madhu. But finally it was on.

I was at work and planning to leave the office by 6pm. Traffic dragged on by and in an hour I reached Barista cafe, starving and thirsty as hell. I entered the loud and noisy cafe and ordered a tiny sandwich and a coffee, as both Madhu & Anil were being delayed due to traffic. Madhu had to come from Paroor and Anil was on his way from Thrissur. I sat at a corner table and browsed through a magazine while hot chicks kept floating on by. Then there was a guy & a girl arguing loudly at the table right in front of me. It was a case of “you said, they said, I said” and a lot of swear words. The guy was also showing off.

Just before 8 pm Anil walks in and we decide to go to Velocity bar and wait for Madhu to come. We found a seat, ordered a beer for him and Romanov vodka for me (with Sprite ofcourse). Madhu came in soon and ordered whiskey. We ate lots of kozhuva fry (small but tasty fish), chilly pork, egg burgi, salad, chilly chicken & chilly prawns. It was quite filling. We talked and joked and laughed and made fun of each other as usual.

Anil filled me in on a funny but potentially dangerous incident – Madhu had an accident while riding his bike intoxicated. He crashed his bike on MG Road after the two of them had attended an afternoon party of a former colleague. He had some stiches and bruises to show me for it. Asshole! Then there was the usual ribbing for Anil & me and our former flames and the fact that neither of us are not married as of yet.

We also made plans to get together soon for a weekend or so away from work, family, pressure and stuff. Maybe a cottage or something away from the city so we can chat and drink and eat good food without worring about transportation and getting caught by the cops. I hope something gets worked out by next month. Anyways, it was a nice way to end the year. We left the bar by 11:30 pm as they had to close and we went back to our homes.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.