The state of Kerala has been transformed into one big hot oven
- Palakkad (Palghat) has hit the highest – 41.5 degrees Celsius yesterday. 6 people were affected by sunstroke in the city.
- Punalur (in Kollam district) was the next highest at 39 degrees
- In most of the remaining districts, it varied between 33 and 35 degree celsius.
- The IMO predicts that the days ahead will be no different.
- The maximum temperature in the state has risen by .2 degrees while the minimum has risen by .9 degrees.
- As of now, summer diseases like chicken pox have not been reported but…look out!
- Power consumption in the state has risen by leaps & bounds. I myself use the ceiling fan and a pedestal fan.
Now I know what a melting ice cream cone feels like!