When you are a driver, otu have a certain set of rules to follow which apply to keeping yourself, your passengers and those around you safe. It is your duty to ensure that people remain safe and with new laws and regulations set out often, you must be on the ball and be prepared when things may change. Some of the standard safety rules that you must adhere to are as follows:
Knowing Your Car And Its Capabilities:
- Shatter resistant glass. This feature will provide a windshield that breaks into thousands of harmless pieces in the event of an accident so it avoids cuts and injuries.
- Seatbelts – Make sure everyone in the car is wearing them.
- Airbags – These must be installed and tested, it’s vital that you adhere to this and use airbags.
- Anti-lock braking systems.
- Stability control.
- Lights – Do not travel if you can’t see well. It’s important for everyone’s safety, especially iteh driving conditions are poor.
- Mirrors – utilize your mirrors all the time and be aware of the other vehicles around you.
This applies to any passenger vehicle. A passenger vehicle is one that will carry 10 or fewer passengers. A lot of new cars will come with added safety features but they are not always easily to attain as many of us can’t afford to purchase a new car. But if you are looking to do so, then be aware of the features that will really help. Some important safety features are now required on new vehicles anyway and some of these include front airbags, electronic stability control, safety belts, and the LATCH child safety seat system. Driving with children can be difficult, especially if they get car sick or are prone to being rowdy. This can distract you from the road. Try and keep your children entertained and make them aware of road safety, also. Another safety feature to look out for is the side-curtain airbags, while not required by regulation, have become standard on many new cars in recent years.
What is an active safety feature? SHould I consider this with my next car purchase?
Active safety features are those that help to prevent any type of road crashes. They are different to passive safety features in the sense that they are purely designed to protect vehicle occupants after a crash has occurred. Active safety features will engage and either prevent the crash or reduce the impact and severity if the crash is unavoidable.
Being aware of the safety features of cars will help you make educated decisions when buying your next car and will allow you to make good choices. There are plenty of safe cars but it’s vital to make sure that you are buying one of them next time you buy. Mazda had the most Top Safety Pick+ winners of any automaker with five vehicles on the list according to USA Today. Do your research and be sure to look into the types of safety features that will be best suited to your needs.