When life gives you lemons… make something else. Tell us about a time you used an object or resolved a tricky situation in an unorthodox way.
- 8 cups water
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 fresh lemon
- 2 orange (fresh)
- 6 cups pineapple juice
- 2 cups grapefruit juice (fresh)
- 4 cups lemonade (such as Sprite or 7Up + extra for mixing)
- 5 cups vodka
- Make a simple syrup by bringing the water to a boil in a medium-size saucepan and stirring in the sugar until it’s completely dissolved.
- Pour the simple syrup into a large container (I recommend this 17-cup container or this 29-cup container) and leave to cool to room temperature. When cooled, stir in the rest of the ingredients.
- Freeze the contents of the container for at least 24 hours. When ready to serve, scoop out as much frosty stuff as you need to fill your glass and top with lemonade. If the drink is still largely frozen after adding lemonade, mix it up a bit with a spoon or a straw to help dissolve the frostiness.
Prompt from The Daily Post at WordPress.com