- The mood is not too great in the team, so I have arranged for a lunch out to a restaurant today. That always puts a smile on the team and makes for a fun 2 hours.
- I just can’t stand how everyone in management talks about the recession and how tough it is and how we have to make “adjustments” (meaning no hikes for us bottom level people while they rake in the money) – yet the work keeps piling up! Yesterday I was sent the newest report to be maintained by the 2nd of January onwards.
- I was invited to go to Bangalore for an interview with a company that wanted a trainer for their technical & sales people on soft skills. The pay sounds extremely enticing but I have decided not to go since it is for insurance & it regards field training as well. I’ll keep searching.
- I just realized that I have blogged atleast one post for each day of the month in January! I don’t think that I have done that in a while. It seems like every month the connection goes down for a day or two but it hasn’t in January.
- I’ve been re-reading novels at a good pace recently. I finished two books this month, both by John Grisham (The Broker & The King Of Torts) and 2 in December (The Firm & The Brethren) also by Grisham. I need to find a new second-hand book store as there is no way that I am going to shell out Rs.300-500 for a novel.
- I also plan to hit the dvd store tomorrow and get a few new movies to watch. I still have Hancock left to watch from my previous shopping. I’m hoping that they will have dvds of some of the tv series that I want to own a copy of. Their selection is really bad.
Update: Due to one of us having a family issue, the lunch out was cancelled or rather postponed until further notice. I know there were some disappointed faces b that can be rectified in a couple of days time.