One week after leaving the old job and starting the new job:
- I have a new respect for people who have to travel a bit from their home to their office. After a week of traveling for over an hour each day, one way, my back hurts and I am losing sleep as I have to get up earlier just to get ready and leave on time.
- I’ve also found that I can take cat naps in the bus during the long ride to the office. As long as I don’t sit at the very last seat of the bus – Kerala roads are too bumpy. The last 3 days, I’ve snoozed for atleast 30 mins each and felt good about it.
- I’ve never felt so tired or hungry in my life. I’ve not been able to eat lunch for the past 3 days and making by with a late dinner. I’ve been surviving on water during the day (other than breakfast) and not even getting coffee.
- While the technical setup and other stuff is being completed, I’ve also spent a lot many hours doing nothing but staring off into space and not thinking about much. I find a seat away from the rest and settled down for a couple of hours at a time.
- For the first couple of days I’ve also sweated a whole lot. It has been very hot & humid and while the air conditioner was being fixed we boiled in the rooms. Luckily by Thursday that was a thing of the past.
- At the same time, because this is a new office and we just finalized on our first project, I feel like we’ve accomplished a whole lot in one week. And being part of the discussion and stuff is a big deal. That feels good too.