Cleaning your oven and maintaining it is a good way to extend the life of your appliance. Appliance repair vancouver is available but there are simple things that you can do as well like cleaning it out. A good rule of thumb is to clean out the inside at least once every 6 months, or 2-3 times a year. If you use your oven almost every day, or if your recipes require more grease, you would need to clean it more often. If you only use the oven once in a blue moon, you can get away with a good clean twice a year.
10 Oven Maintenance Tips to Take Care of Your Oven
- Make Use of Your Oven’s Self-Cleaning Feature.
- Clean Your Oven Regularly.
- Don’t Remove Your Oven’s Knobs.
- Inspect and Replace Your Gas Line.
- Always Unplug Your Oven When You Clean.
- Check Your Element (Burners) Regularly.
- Take Care When Baking.
- Don’t Forget to Clean Your Racks.
What happens if you don’t clean your oven?
Baking food inside a dirty oven will absorb fumes. This food will end up having a bad taste. Even more, other food options will also absorb bad smell as well. However, not cleaning your oven can also make it inefficient and it will affect its food cooking quality too.