Here is my criteria or just the top 11 for what I believe is needed to be a good friend.
- Do not preach or offer unwanted advice but be supportive and offer suggestions. And support them no matter what decision they take.
- When your friend is down & upset, be there in person with beer or in spirit with cheer
- Have their back
- Laugh at their jokes
- Tease them horribly
- Never let lent or borrowed money come in the way of your friendship
- Get to know their family
- Offer a ear that listens & a shoulder to cry on
- Once in a while join in one of their activities which you have no interest in but hey – he/she is your friend
That’s all I got so far!