Pretend to be in the office. Have a dedicated work space if you can. It’s easy to lose focus when you are working from home. Pretend to be working in the office to maintain self-discipline and keep yourself focused.
Prepare for distractions. It is impossible to avoid all the distractions that comes from being at home so set yourself some boundaries.
Create a to-do list. Planning your day is crucial while working from home. Plan a to do list and check things off as you complete them to keep yourself motivated.
Take multiple breaks. Keep yourself a schedule and ensure to take small breaks away from your work screen to go stretch your legs and make yourself a cup of coffee.
When it comes to meals, you should keep yourself in check and be on a good diet.
- Eat energizing meals for lunch- iron (leafy green vegetables), protein (fish, meat, eggs) and complex carbohydrates (legumes & whole grains)
- Include fruits, nuts & berries together with some juice in your diet
- Drink a lot of water
Keep at schedule. It’s the simplest rule, yet the toughest to follow.
- Set your alarm for the time one hour prior to your office hour
- Freshen up and do the needful before settling in your work space
- Before going ahead with work, set the timer for the end of your work time
- Perform your tasks with full dedication
- Shut your laptop down, as soon as the timer kicks in
- Move away from your workplace and call it a day
Wrap it up at the correct hour!