I got these ‘weird laws in effect around the world’ from Sangeetha’s blog. My comments are in purple.
- It is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament in UK (so please die elsewhere)
- In France, it is forbidden to call a pig Napoleon. (yes, but can you call Napoleon a pig?)
- In Ohio, it is against the state law to get a fish drunk.(but my aquarium is filled with beer!!)
- In UK, a pregnant woman can legally relieve herself anywhere she wants; even, if she so requests, in a policemanâ€™s helmet. (does he have to wear it afterwards?)
- In Indonesia, the penalty for masturbation is decapitation. (I would never have made it past the age of 13 in that country)
- In Kentucky, it is illegal to carry a concealed weapon more than six feet long. (so a concealed weapon of 5 feet 11 inches is fine?)
- In Vermont, women must get written permission from their husbands to wear false teeth. (who checks up if it was actually their husband who signed the permission slip?)
- In Bahrain, a male doctor may legally examine a womanâ€™s genitals but is forbidden from looking directly at them during the examinations; he may only see their reflections in a mirror. (or else he may go blind!)
- In Thailand, it is illegal to leave your house if you are not wearing underwear (damn!)
- Picking your nose on Saturday is forbidden in Israel. (on the other 6 days – dig away)
- In Denmark, attempt to escape from prison is not illegal; however, if one is caught, he is required to serve out the remainder of his term. (so don’t get caught)
- In Connersville, Wisconsin, no man can shoot a gun while his female partner is having a sexual orgasm.
Ok, which one is the most weird? I was actually hoping to tour Thailand without any undies and shoot guns in Connersville while giving an orgasm to my lady friend.