Whether it’s a cold winter’s night or a rainy night or if you are just battling a bad head cold, a good hot soup usually sounds very appealing. A spicy chicken noodle soup sounded just right to me due to me suffering from a cold since this morning. So for dinner that’s what I ordered in; however if you want to make it on your own, here is a recipe I found.
- 2 Pints (1L) Water
- 1 (7g) Reduced Salt Stock Cube (Vegetable Or Chicken)
- 2 medium sized (160g) Carrots
- 4 (40g) Spring Onions
- 2 reduced salt Teaspoons (10g) Soy Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon (3g) Ground Ginger
- 1 (3g) Garlic Clove
- Chilli Flakes
- 2 (200g) Skinless And Boneless Chicken Thighs
- ½ Head (85g) Broccoli
- 10 (100g) Button Mushrooms
- ½ Bag (175g) Rice Noodles
- Make the stock by dissolving the stock cube in 1 litre of boiling water
- Wash, peel and grate the carrots. If you don’t have a grater, slice the carrots very finely.
- Wash and slice the spring onions.
- Wipe the dirt off the mushrooms and slice them.
- Separate the broccoli into small florets
- Peel and crush, or finely chop, the garlic
- Add the stock, chicken thighs, soy sauce, ginger and garlic to a large saucepan, and simmer for 10-15 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
- Remove the chicken thighs from the pan and chop into bite size pieces
- Add the carrots, broccoli, spring onions and mushrooms to the pan and cook for 5-10 minutes
- Add the noodles to the pan and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Return the chicken to pan and serve hot.
(source: My Recipes)