Well out of the predictions that I made for the 8 biggest awards, I was correct in 2 (highlighted in bold). Not bad as I usually have very bad predictions.
- Best Picture: The King’s how to get cash now Speech
- Best Director: Tom Hooper for The loan calculator with interest King’s Speech
- Best Actor: Colin Firth for The King’s Speech
- Best Actress: Natalie Portman for Black Swan
- Best Supporting Actor: Christian Bale for The Fighter
- Best Supporting Actress: Melissa Leo for The Fighter
- Best Original Screenplay: David Seidler for The King’s Speech
- Best Animated Feature Film: Toy Story 3
Oh and although I missed it, the Oscar for best original score went to Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross for The Social Network, while We Belong Together sung by Randy Newman for Toy Story 3 won for best Original unsecured payday loan song. So glad that A R Rahman did not win anything – can’t have the copycat jackass win Oscars in a row, now can we?
Although I didn’t watch the awards ceremony I heard that it was dull, James Franco was high and the whole awards show was deemed awkward and it took Billy Crystal, 8 times host, to show people how it’s done.