So I finally got round to watching The Dark Knight download cocaine cowboys ii hustlin with the godmother , months after most of you have already seen it. Some, like my cousin Sujith, have watched it over 10-20 times. And they rave about it a whole lot.
Before I offer you my opinions of the movie, let me tell you that I usually don’t like rebooting of a tried & true series / franchise of movies / tv series. We’ve had lots of it lately and I think there’s a big difference in rebooting and making it too different from the original concept (that’s you – makers of the new Battlestar Galactica). But I think with the new approach to Batman in the latest two movies, Chrisopher Nolan has shown Batman closer to the actual concept and the graphic novels.
Ok, here are my observation, opinions & comments:
- miss conception dvd
- The movie rocks, all the actors do wonderfully well but the whole movie is all about The Joker & the late Heath Ledger. The scene as a nurse, when he “corrupts” Harvey Dent, is fantastic.
- Ledger’s “Why So Serious?” line will be remembered as one of the top 10 movie dialogues of all time.
- Gary Oldman can play good guys too!
- Is there any big movie without Morgan Freeman? And is there anyone more cooler at his age?
- Eric Roberts does a fine job in his small role as does Michael Caine (the perfect “Alfred” in his not so small role
- Is that Michael Jai White in a tiny role? He was SPAWN! C’mon man! What the hell happened to his career?
- I was surprised to see Keith Szarabajka in a tiny role in the film. Angel fans will remember him as Angel’s arch-nemesis “Holtz”.
- The Batpod rocks dude!
- Batman speaks in a rougher voice than Bruce Wayne – maybe the suit is too tight around the neck!!
- Aaron Eckhart is awesome as Harvey “Two Face” Dent. He’s better than (gulp) Tommy Lee Jones! But did they have to kill him in the movie?
- How are they ever going to top this?