I’ve come up with the winning formula for a hit Malayalam tv serial/soap opera series. Let’s take it that an episode is 30 minutes long. I have narrowed it down to:
- 30 minutes in total out of which 6 minutes is for commercials.
- Remaining 24 minutes of actual show is split up into :
- 7 minutes staring & looking around as dramatic music is played after a revelation is said.
- Said dramatic music should be a mix of classical music with Latin sounding chants.
- 7 minutes for actors glaring at each other – with more dramatic music.
- 5 minutes of slow motion where characters are either staring and moving their eyes about or walking.
- 3 minutes for women crying!
- 2 minutes for credits!
Done deal! I have a hit! Now I need actors who can stare and glare and actresses who can cry at the drop of a hat!