I haven’t seen the event yet, but this morning I went through the results of WWE’s flagship pay-per-view event, Wrestlemania XXIV. Held in the Citus Bowl in Orlando Florida, the event drew a crowd of 74,635 spectators. I kinda had an idea the way the matches would go. I was sure that ‘Taker would win, because there was no way that the WWE would let go of his phenomenal record. Let’s go through a few of the matches :
- Ric Flair lost to Shawn Michaels in a ‘retirement match’; which means that the 59 year old 16 time world champion Flair will never wrestle again professionally.
- Kane defeats Chavo Guerrero for the ECW Championship; after winning a 24 man battle royal earlier in the week, the big red machine beats that puny idiot for the title.
- CM Punk beats Chris Jericho, Carlito, MVP, Mr.Kennedy, Shelton Benjamin & John Morrison in the Money In The Bank Ladder Match, and thereby gets a contract to challenge for either of the WWE, World Heavyweight or ECW championships at any time or event of his choosing, within a year.
- The Undertaker defeats Edge for the World Heavyweight title and his record at Wrestlemania stands at 16 wins to 0 loses.
- Randy Orton retains his WWE Championship in a triple threat match against HHH & John Cena, when he pins Cena after Triple H ‘pedigreed’ the rap reject.
Ok, that’s it for the wrestling results. Now here comes the fly in the ointment, the shit in your cake, the joke of the century – Floyd Mayweather Jr. defeats a man 5 times his size (I think), The Big Show, in a no disqualification match!! WTF? He beats Show with chairs and brass knuckles. Yeah, right! I think Show should just take the ghetto dwelling, uncultured, loud-mouthed dumbo Floyd and use him as an ass-wipe. The WWE can be really ridiculous at times.