Classic Simpsons humour. From season 2, this is part of their Halloween Special and one of my favourite episodes – or rather just one part of it.
Strange that I should another friend and former colleague from my years in Idea. I had posted about Alfred a buddy of mine from my days working for the cell phone service provider and today while waiting for the rest of my colleagues before we had to start the review with our clients, I met another former colleague.
I’m not going to mention her name. She means a lot to me and she’s a good colleague to have. She was the first person who I sat along with at the call center in Idea and who showed me the billing software and helped me understand the various tariffs and other details of the process. For this I will always have a special fondness for her. For being an awesome, fun loving and mischievous friend, she will always have a special place in my heart.
But I was quite shocked to see that she has lost a lot of weight! And she wasn’t plump or chubby to begin with. She was always slim and although she had some issues about being on the darker side, she was quite pretty and lots of people found her quite attractive. But I used to keep hearing things about her family life and her husband’s drinking and I can’t help thinking if it has resurfaced. If that is the reason why she was looking so gaunt, it’s really sad.
I hope that it’s not the case. I wish her well and I hope to see her happy in life, raising her two kids and doing well in her job. My thoughts are with you.
- I had to go to our clients’ office for a review that was due to start at 10 am, so I didn’t go to my office. Instead I took an auto straight to the client’s at 9:40 am.
- Only the Quality lead had arrived there and due to traffic jams caused by heavy rainfall, the others would be delayed by almost 90 minutes. The two of us chatted for a long time and then started to feel antsy. We went down for a cup of coffee and delicious, warm cutlets!
- Just as we were sipping our coffees the rest came in so we hurried in. The review meeting started as soon as we were in and it went on till 2:40 pm when we broke for lunch. I didn’t enjoy the lunch much but there was gulab jammun for desert!
- Then we had a presentation from the clients – it got quite animated and a bit heated for sometime but got all friendly within a matter of minutes.
- The quality lead and I spent another 30 more minutes discussing associate calls with the quality team from the client and then left the office. I was back in my apartment by 6:45 pm.
- All throughout it has been raining quite a hell lot and I got reports of traffic being held up for hours at a stretch.
- I’ve settled down with a hot coffee and a flannel sheet wrapped around me as it’s quite cold and playing Pearl Jam songs while I blog this post. After dinner it’s going to be watching the 80s Sci-fi series V that I’m downloading via torrent.