So here’s my day structure out in the open for all to read, now that we are doing a night shift.
- Last Tuesday, in the afternoon, we were given the information that we would be moving to an over night shift from the next day. But before we did that, there were some technical stuff to be sorted out. Thus, the technical guy and I would be staying over night to sort stuff out and do some testing. We said ok, so after we sent off the rest of the employees at 6pm, the two of us settled down for what would be a long day at work. We did some work and took turns at taking cat naps and made some test calls to the US and things were mostly settled by 5:45 am. By 6:30 I went to the bus stop and made my way back home.
- After that the real nigh shift started so, I leave home a little after 8:30 pm and catch a bus heading towards the little town where my office is located. There’s a bus headed to Chalakudy at 9pm, which takes a direct route and saves time for me, and that’s perfect for me. I reach the office by 10pm. I usually buy a 7up and a small packet of biscuits for the long ride.
- Dinner is bought along the way and I eat it at the office usually around 11 pm. I also buy biscuits or bananas and there’s coffee and tea powder for us to drink and keep ourselves awake if needed.
- At 6am we leave the office. Or usually its by 6:30 pm and I walk to the bus stop and wait for a relatively less crowded bus to take me to the Angamaly KSRTC bus stand. There’s two buses from Angamaly to the main city area of Ernakulam that I target – at 7am there’s the Angamaly-Fort Kochi orange Volvo low floor, air-conditioned bus that’s comfort on wheels. Or at 7:20 am there’s the cheaper, no air-conditioned, green Volvo Angamaly-Ernakulam bus. I reach home by 8 am or 8:20 depending on which bus I take and am having coffee at my laptop 10 minutes later.
- Breakfast and sitting at the laptop for a couple of hours later, I go to sleep at 11am and wake up at 2pm for lunch. About 20 minutes later I’m back in bed and sleeping again. I’m not sure if this is the right way to do it but I’m yet to get into a routine, a rhythm, a groove! by 5:30 pm I’m awake once again and watching Youtube videos or tv series episodes that I downloaded. By 7:45pm, I go to the toilet, take a bath and shave. I reach the bus stop by 8:30pm and await my bus.
And the cycle repeats itself.
Perfect weather. Hmmm it means a lot of things to a lot of people. I live in one of the hottest places on earth, I think! Humidity factor is like a big deal over here. So although a lot of people, in a lot of places and even in my city, may not like it, I love rain! Not namby pamby rain, I love lots of rain with a very cool wind blowing in at the same time. I hate thunder & lightning and the power going out, so none of that level of rain. Or that level of rain without thunder & lightning and the power going out!
With the sun usually so hot and the evenings being hot, sweaty & muggy, You sweat so much that the sheets stick to your legs & thighs. During those nights I often wonder how Malayalees have sex on these nights! I mean, it would be a sweaty, sticky, pasty affair. A good rain will cool everything down. If it wasn’t for the rains we couldn’t get through the year. I always look forward to the monsoon season and enjoy sleeping in the rains. Afternoons and nights too. The breeze blowing in through the wind and onto my hair & face.
That’s perfection for me. Clouds in the sky and rain falling down to cool the hottest place on earth.
The only thing I knew about this movie was that sexy Jessica Pare was starring in it and that the movie features rock icons Alex Lifeson, Iggy Pop, Alice Cooper & Henry Rollins. Suck is a Canadian rock and roll comedy, written & directed by Rob Stefaniuk who also plays the male lead in the movie.
It follows a petty rock band called the Winners, consisting of vocalist Joey Winner (Stefaniuk), bassist Jennifer (Paré), guitarist Tyler (Paul Anthony), drummer Sam (Mike Lobel), and French-Canadian roadie Hugo (Chris Ratz), along with their sleazy manager Jeff (Dave Foley). Jeff is about to give up on the struggling band, when a powerful vampire (Dimitri Coats) invites Jennifer to a party and the turns her into a vampire. The result is that now with a mysterious & sexy bassist, the band starts getting lots of hype and fans, entranced by her. The Winners go on a tour of Canada & the US. Meanwhile, a vampire hunter who is afraid of the dark named Eddie Van Helsing (McDowell) quickly chases them down.
When Jennifer kills & feds on the lead singer of another band, her bandmembers walk in on her and discover her new nature. hen they have to make a decision: rock and roll fame coupled with eternal life/damnation or giving up the dream and getting a real job. While lead singer Joey is more skeptical, the other two revel in the new found fame and even convince Jennifer to turn them into vampires too. Joey is at first shocked and wants nothing to do with the lifestyle but he too eventually lets himself be turned.
Van Helsing is behind Queeny the ancient vampire who turned Jennifer into one, because back in the 70s Queeney had targeted and fed on a black singer, who was also Van Helsing’s lover. Spurned on my grief and anger, he has hunted the vampire and tracked his every move although his efforts were in vain till now. Finally he catches Queeny, who is killed and thereby releasing the vampire effect on the band – all 4 of them revert back to being normal mortal humans. Jennifer & Joey go back to being a couple again, living a dull normal life until they are approached by Alice Cooper, seemingly not just a mysterious bartender but a powerful being, who offers them one more chance at stardom. They agree!
It’s a fun, silly movie with quite a few laughs. It’s not a classic but it’s something that you can enjoy with your friends. And hey if you like rock music & vampires, you’ll love this movie. I give it a 6 out of 10!