If I had six months to live, I’d…
- quit my job and sell a bunch of my stuff.
- Try and see Canada, visit the land for a while
- say a personal goodbye to all my friends, taking the time to sit with each and everyone over lunch or dinner and talk to them personally about what their friendship has meant to me
- Do the same for some members of my family
- Have a large and loud party with a live rock band and invite all my friends
- Shave my head everyday
- Have sex with some porn stars and enjoy threesomes
- Have long discussions about the origins of the universe and what our place in it is all about
- Sneak my way into the Playboy mansion and chuck Hugh out and take residence in with all the babes
- During my last week I will seclude myself for most of it and be on my own
- On the final day I will go out with a smile on my face
Think about the last time you broke a rule (a big one, not just ripping the tags off your pillows). Were you burned, or did things turn out for the best?
I dunno, I have pretty much tried my best to not break the rules or laws. And it’s more to do with not wanting to and fearing to face the music and the drawn out hypocritical inquiries that will usually follow, and conducted by real cheats and liars. Like in one of my previous jobs – I was known for doing my best not to forge data and follow whatever protocol for the processes that I was responsible for and for my integrity (apparently a part of one of my appraisals) but yet whenever there was a problem I was usually reprimanded by someone or people who had no qualms about manipulating data and who cheat and lie all the time.
So I can’t remember breaking big rules. Yes I have bended them and broke small rules here and there (who doesn’t) but nothing that can cause major harm or even any kind of harm at all. Dammit, I will have to think a bit more on this one and come back to you as my brain isn’t working anywhere near usual capacity at this moment.
Prompt from the Daily Post at WordPress.com.