Most people kind of take their appliances for granted about their appliances until they start to show signs of trouble. This could be dangerous because sometimes the appliances may break down without advanced warning. The last thing you want in the cold of winter is for your dryer to break down or have several problems. Ofcourse you can always look out for a reliable dryer repair in winter but here are a few things you can do to help ensure that you get the most out of your appliances during this time.
- Clean the lint screen before or after every load. Carefully remove the screen from your dryer, wipe away the lint and clean with a used fabric softener sheet.
- Keep the lint screen area clear. Remove the lint screen and clean its housing cavity with a dryer lint brush. You may also use the crevice attachment on your vacuum cleaner for this task.
- Wipe down your dryer’s interior. Even if there are no stains or residue inside your dryer, it’s best to clean the interior monthly. Unplug the appliance, then clean the drum with a rag dipped in warm, soapy water or microfiber cloth with rubbing alcohol.
- Vacuum behind and underneath the dryer. Moisture, dirt and lint can accumulate quickly. Clean around the dryer every three months.
- Check the balance of your dryer. If your dryer is not level, the rotating components will wear out sooner. Adjust the feet at the bottom of the unit if the dryer moves or shakes when in use.
- Inspect and clean the vent system. Hire professionals to clean your ducts and vent if you notice a decrease in dryer performance. If you have pets or a large family, this could be necessary as often as twice a year. Upgrade the vent hose if needed.
- Check the exterior exhaust. Air should flow through the vent but is sometimes restricted by debris.
- Don’t overload the dryer with clothes.
Belgium international Leandro Trossard has joined us from Brighton & Hove Albion on a long-term contract. The 28-year-old winger was a member of the Belgium squad at the recent World Cup 2022 in Qatar and has made 24 appearances for his country. Leandro started his career in the youth academy at Genk in 2010, before quickly developing into the first-team squad. During his time with Genk, where he made 120 appearances, Leandro enjoyed successful loan spells with Lommel United, Westerlo and OH Leuven in the early development stages of his career. Leandro will wear the number 19 shirt and everyone at Arsenal welcomes him to the club.
In June 2019, Leandro signed for Brighton and was an integral part of the team during his time with the Seagulls, making 121 appearances. Leandro has scored seven goals from his 16 Premier League appearances this season, including a hat-trick against Liverpool at Anfield in October. Later the same month, Leandro scored the 100th goal of his club career at Manchester City in the Premier League. Sporting Director Edu said: “We’re delighted to have completed the signing of Leandro Trossard. We have a clear plan and strategy for our direction, and it’s been a great team effort in bringing Leandro to the club. “Leandro is a player who will give us a high level of quality going forward. I know Mikel and our coaches are excited to start working with him. Welcome Leandro!”
Manager Mikel Arteta added: “It is good work from everyone at the club to complete the signing of Leandro. He is a versatile player with high technical ability, intelligence and a great deal of experience in the Premier League and at international level. “Leandro strengthens our squad as we head into the second part of the season and we’re all looking forward to working with him. We welcome Leandro and his family to Arsenal Football Club.” All documents have been submitted and we’re hoping Leandro will be eligible for selection for our match against Manchester United on Sunday.