Crystal Palace are delighted to announce the signing Rob Holding from Arsenal, with the versatile defender joining on a three-year deal. The 27-year-old heads to south London after seven years at the Emirates Stadium, where he made 162 appearances and collected two FA Cup winners’ medals. The defender is Palace’s fourth signing of the summer, following the arrivals of Jefferson Lerma, Matheus França and Dean Henderson. Holding has featured in the UEFA Champions League and Europa League for Arsenal, and made 24 appearances last season as the Gunners took the title race down to the wire.
“I’m excited to get started and get involved,” said Holding upon putting pen to paper. “Playing against Crystal Palace the number of years I have, seeing the fans and how intimidating Selhurst Park can be, and how loud it can get, I’m looking forward to being on the right side of that this time!” Club Chairman Steve Parish commented: “Rob is a player who will bring tremendous quality, possessing considerable Premier League experience for his age. Rob gives us options in two positions at the back, and we warmly welcome him to Crystal Palace.”
A former England U-21 international, Rob was part of the side which won the prestigious Toulon Tournament in 2016. Everyone at Arsenal thanks Rob for his contribution during his time with us and wish him all the best in his new chapter with Crystal Palace.
- In case you missed it, I celebrated my 47th birthday this month on the 2nd. Took the day off from work due to that it was on a Wednesday.
- I also got two other days off or holidays as we had Indian Independence Day, Aug 15th fall on a Tuesday as well as August 29th was Onam.
- However I also did take a day off for sick leave due to a chest infection. So that made 4 days away from the office.
- I haven’t been out much – except for Starbucks twice and twice I went to have dinner at McDonalds’. Other than that I haven’t been out much. No outings for beer or meeting friends.
- I did break my glasses but luckily got it replaced the next day! There goes my plan of going in September to take my time and select a new pair of frames after trying on several.