Stress-reduction techniques to relax your body and mind
1. Consider taking supplements : Lemon balm is a member of the mint family that has been studied for its anti-anxiety effects. Green tea contains many polyphenol antioxidants which provide health benefits. It may lower stress and anxiety by increasing serotonin levels. One study showed that medical students who received omega-3 supplements experienced a 20% reduction in anxiety symptoms. Ashwagandha is an herb used in Ayurvedic medicine to treat stress and anxiety. Several studies suggest that it’s effective.
2. Aromatherapy can help lower anxiety and stress. Light a candle or use essential oils to benefit from calming scents. Some scents are especially soothing. You can find scented candles and essential oils diffusers for calming scents like orange/orange blossom, lavender, bergamot, sandalwood, Geranium and Roman chamomile.
3. Write it down : One way to calm down & handle stress is to write it down. Gratitude may help relieve stress and anxiety by focusing your thoughts on what’s positive in your life. Get a journal for such purposes as keeping a journal helps in reducing stress, especially when you focus on the positive.
4. Spend time with family & friends. Being with people who love & support you is a great way to reduce stress. A social support circle is great for making you relax and looking forward to the next day. Being part of a friend network gives you a sense of belonging and self-worth, which can help you in tough times.
5. Laughter is the best medicine. Read some jokes or listen to someone tell them to you. Watch a silly movie or standup comic special online. Try watching a funny TV show or hanging out with friends who make you laugh. It’s hard to feel anxious when you’re laughing. It’s good for your health, and it helps in relieving tension by relaxing your muscles.