Since most people, including me, have been complaining about the year 2020 and calling it the shittiest and worst year ever (not sure but the Black plague & Spanish Flu era might disagree), I thought I’d end the year on a more positive note. Let me recollect all the good things that have happened in the last year, 2020, and/or look at the positive side of things.
1. I finally got the opportunity to work from home. I really like the fact that I don’t have to commute daily and I can work in my lungi and undershirt and not have to shave.
2. I finally was able to get an air-conditioner in my bedroom. Granted it was free as my sister & cousin had closed their physical office due to Covid-19. Since they had a new ac in there – and because my sister and cousin’s homes both were air-conditioned – my sister offered it to me. I was planning to get one and was thinking of saving up some of my earnings from sponsored blogging to do so. I didn’t have to in the end.
3. I finally, finally bought an executive computer chair and my aching ass and lower back is so grateful. Money was from earnings from my website.
4. I also bought a new phone, the RealMe X2 Pro and I love it so much. Money was from earnings from my website.
5. I enhanced the RAM of my laptop from 4GB to a stonking 16 GB and it is the best thing you can do to your laptop. Money was from earnings from my website.
6. Speaking of, the months of April, May, June & July, I made a ton of money off sponsored posts on my website.
7. I was able to buy most of the tv series (box sets or individual dvd sets) that I was looking to buy. Like Stargate SG-1, Battlestar Galactica, Agents of Shield, Sherlock, Automan, Misfits of Science, Friends & The X-Files. There are a few that still elude me and maybe 2021 will see me get them.
8. I’m starting a new hobby – cooking a few recipes that I have wanted to try.
9. I also managed to buy my folks a brand new smart tv.